Tuesday, May 10, 2011

30 days of me

Day 08- Short term goals for this month and why

Oh, good topic! As I read this, I realized I’m not very goal oriented. I have NO goals for the month. So, this is as good a time as any to start!

* Cut out all soda. I’ve been trying this for a week or two now, and I’ve been doing pretty good. I was drinking at least 1-2 sodas a day, and now I’ve cut it back to 2-3 sodas a week. Why yes, I am awesome. By the end of the month, I hope to quit soda entirely, and by the end of the summer, I hope to cut out coffee. But that’s in the future. Baby steps.

* Clean my bedroom. I am not the greatest housekeeper, as I believe I’ve mentioned before. I’m pretty good about cleaning the kitchen, living room, and guest bathroom… you know, the rooms that people see. Even the kids rooms stay pretty clean-- Bug’s because she has to clean it once a week, and BK’s because he only goes in his room to sleep. But my bedroom is a disaster. Seriously, you could film an episode of Hoarders in there. I need to throw everyone else out of the house and lock myself in there and really go to town.

* Lose 5 pounds. I don’t know what my problem is. I actually really tried to lose weight the last two weeks…. And instead of losing weight, I actually gained. I am hungry all the time. There are times when I think I can actually feel my stomach growing.

I used the word “actually” 3 times in that last paragraph. For an English graduate, my vocabulary sucks, actually.

* Get the highest amount of closures in my unit. This is a work-related goal, and unless you know what I do, it really means nothing. But know that if I succeed, it will mean Lovely is awesome.

I think that’s enough to keep me busy for the month.

More 30 days of me:

Day Five
Day Six
Day Seven


Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

4 comments:

  1. Sound like some good goals...good luck! At least they're short term (if they don't work out, you can start all over in June - winning!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. good luck with all your goals. I need to give up caffeine too. I'm kinda worried I will go into a coma.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These goals sound so workable. I hope all goes well!

    Stopping from SITS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know me. I'm definitely a goal-setter. So this post was fun to read!

    I know I should give up soda. I just haven't gotten to the point where I want to. And just like with any sort of addiction, there has to be a desire to change before there can be a change.

    Oh, and I think I "actually" use "actually" more than you do. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comment! Make sure you link back to either your email or your blog so I can reply!