Tuesday, March 22, 2011

30 days of me

So, I got this idea somewhere else. I’m sorry, I can’t remember where I found it, and now I can’t refind it, so I can’t give proper credit. If this was your idea, send me an email and I’ll link to you!

Anyway, the idea is that for every day of the month, you write something about yourself. Cool, right? And you all know how much I love talking about myself, so this was right up my alley.  But here’s the thing: I don’t like to blog more than once a day, and there’s so many other things that I like to write about, so I really can’t write about myself every single day for a month. So, I decided to do it once a week instead. Not sure if it’ll stay on Tuesdays… maybe I’ll move to the weekend? To be determined.

Here are all 30 days, in case you want to do your own!

Day 01- A recent picture of you and 15 interesting facts about yourself
Day 02- The meaning behind your Blog name
Day 03- A picture of you and your friends
Day 04- A habit that you wish you didn’t have
Day 05- A picture of somewhere you’ve been to
Day 06- Favorite super hero and why
Day 07- A picture of someone/something that has the biggest impact on you
Day 08- Short term goals for this month and why
Day 09- Something you’re proud of in the past few days
Day 10- Songs you listen to when you are Happy, Sad, Bored, Hyped, Mad
Day 11- Another picture of you and your friends
Day 12- How you found out about Blogger and why you made one
Day 13- A letter to someone who has hurt you recently
Day 14- A picture of you and your family
Day 15- Put your iPod on shuffle: First 10 songs that play
Day 16- Another picture of yourself
Day 17- Someone you would want to switch lives with for one day and why
Day 18- Plans/dreams/goals you have
Day 19- Nicknames you have; why do you have them
Day 20- Someone you see yourself marrying/being with in the future
Day 21- A picture of something that makes you happy
Day 22- What makes you different from everyone else
Day 23- Something you crave for a lot
Day 24- A letter to your parents
Day 25- What I would find in your bag
Day 26- What you think about your friends
Day 27- Why are you doing this 30 day challenge
Day 28- A picture of you last year and now, how have you changed since then?
Day 29- In this past month, what have you learned
Day 30- Your favorite song

-------------------------------------------------

Now here's Day 01- A recent picture of you and 15 interesting facts about yourself


This is me (taken Feb 6th)

Photobucket


15 interesting facts:

1. I am left handed.
2. I am a published writer (somewhere, in a dusty poetry anthology, is a sonnet called “The Dream.” That’s me. Good luck finding it).
3. I have a fear of bridges, specifically long bridges over bodies of water.
4. I am married with two kids. Bug is ours by birth, BK is ours through adoption.
5. My world is a better place with Diet Dr. Pepper in it.
6.  Some of my favorite books: The Shining, Wuthering Heights, The Notebook, and The Little House Books
7. Some of my favorite tv shows: Friends, Everybody Loves Raymond, The Office, The Walking Dead, Modern Family, The Bachelor
8. I am not a very social person-- not because I’m not friendly, but because I’m too lazy to clean the house.
9. Cats rule and dogs drool.
10. I played the clarinet starting in the 5th grade until I was a sophomore in high school.
11. I didn’t kiss a guy until I was 17.
12. I wasn’t allowed to wear red when I was child because my father didn’t like the color. And then I went and married a guy who also hates red. We have nothing red in our house or in our wardrobes. We are a very strange family.
13. My degree is in English. I went to school to be a high school English teacher. One semester was enough for me to realize that wasn’t the job for me.
14. I was on the swim team in high school. I was ok. I was also on the waterpolo team. We were not good at all. Our team won one game my senior year, against a team who didn’t have a pool. We thought we were so cool.
15. It is incredibly hard to think of 15 interesting things that I haven’t already told you guys.




Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

5 comments:

  1. i've seen this around and it looks fun. you look great in your picture. and the red thing is strange.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fun meme, though I think I'll just steal the occasional prompt instead of doing the whole thing with any sort of a time table. Hope you don't mind!

    I don't think I've ever met a man that hates the color red. How interesting.

    I'm a lefty too!

    I still haven't made the switch to Diet Dr. Pepper completely, but I do enjoy it on occasion. If I'm going to drink diet, I usually go for Coke.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husbands favorite color is red...to clothes to trucks...red, red, red....

    I love this idea and have been debating doing it because I have seen it float around...you should do it with a link up for others to do it with you each week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, I'm a new GFC follower :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comment! Make sure you link back to either your email or your blog so I can reply!