Monday, January 4, 2016

January Goals and the weekend recap

Happy New Year! I hop everyone had a wonderful weekend.

We didn't go out on New Year's Eve. Instead, we stayed  home, enjoyed appetizers for dinner, and watched movies until midnight.



The kids LOVED that we just had snacks for dinner. I made a 7 layer dip, The Agent made homemade taquitos, and I served veggies and dip, just to have something healthy in there. The kids asked if we could have snacks for dinner every night.

We do not look our best at midnight:



We were in bed at 12:02.

We DID go out on Saturday night. We got a babysitter and went to BFF's house for what she called a "Post Holiday Get Together." The Agent groaned and moaned the whole time about having to go and not wanting to, but it turned to be ok.

I think I already mentioned that I wasn't going to do a 52 in 52 list anymore. Instead, I decided to work on monthly goals, just little things I want to work on each month. Here's my list for January:



* Read at least 3 books. I feel pretty confident I can do this. When I'm in a reading mood, I can block out the world and get through a book pretty quick. I already read one this weekend!

* Lose 5 pounds. Time to get serious now. Nose to the grindstone. Pedal to the metal. I don't want to say "lose 50 pounds" because thinking of that makes me was to eat a whole cake. So let's just start out small. I can do that. Right?

* Make 2 new recipes. I feel like we're in such a rut with dinner. I have like 10 things that I keep making over and over. I'm going to try to mix it up this month.

* Limit Candy Crush to one night a week. Dude. This game is like crack. I was playing it every day, every chance I could get. A lot of people have already given up in this game, and I applaud you for that. I would love to join you... as soon as I get past this level.

Do you make goals for the month? Let's hear about them!



Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comment! Make sure you link back to either your email or your blog so I can reply!