Wednesday, January 6, 2016

the real girl's guide to What I wore wednesday

This worked out well last week, so I thought I'd try it again!

This is what I wore last week on a visit to see my mother, my niece, and my nephew:



(side note: on this visit, my mother asked if I had gotten my hair permed. After 42 years, you would think she would know that my hair is naturally curly. And this is not the first time we've had this conversation.)

There's a fashion blog that I read and love, because she's funny and her fashion sense is much like my own, but dang near EVERYTHING she models is from Nordstrom. That's great for a splurge every once in awhile, but I can't afford that! I need to follow a Target fashion blogger!

Here's what I'm wearing:

Cardigan by Barefoot Dreams found here. OK, I did get this at Nordstrom, but it was on sale, and it's well worth it. It's so soft and cozy, it's like I'm walking around with a blanket wrapped around me.   I can't find the striped one, so it must be out of stock, but I am intrigued by this ombre one.  This is my second cardigan by Barefoot Dreams. The first one I bought (in Cocoa) was in a regular large, and the arms are just slightly too snug. I sized up on this one and got a 1X in plus size, and now it fits a little loose, but I can wrap up like a blanket that way.




Shirt from Lucky Brand found here. This was a gift from BFF this year. I'm wearing a large.

Essential layering Henley crafted from a textured knit fabric. Features a Henley front with button closure, three-quarter sleeves and a rounded shirttail hem.:

The cami that I'm wearing is from Costco. It's made by Hanes and you can buy them in a three pack, in either fun and funky colors, or in practical black and white. I like these because they're super long but they're not bulky at all.  But you know how Costco is: if they have them in stock this week, they probably won't be there next week. If you can't find them at Costco, you can get them on Amazon here. I'm wearing a large.

Hanes Perfect Stretch Cami - Black/Large:


The leggings are fleece lined, and I found them at Walgreens, of all places. I'm wearing navy blue, and the size is XL. My favorite thing about them is that BFF is 5'4" and I'm 5'10", and we both bought the same leggings. They're like the sisterhood of the travelling leggings.

West Loop Fleece Leggings L/XL Black


The boots are from Target. I bought them this season, but I can't find them online anymore. Similar ones are here.  I'm wearing a 9.5 regular, but I have to really struggle to  get the zipper up my calf. I could have used a wide width boot.

Women's Bamboo By Journee Tall Buckle Boots - Assorted Colors - Brown:


The boot cuffs are also from Target, found here. I love anything that's one size fits all! They add just a little bit of flair to the outfit. Mine are dark Taupe, but I want to go back and get the other two colors.

Women's Boot Cuff Socks One Size Xhilaration™ - Dark Taupe:




Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

5 comments:

  1. Your outfit looks like my standard outfit this time of year! ;) I love fleece-lined leggings, warm sweaters & boots. Those boot cuffs are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very chic! I need a wardrobe overhaul!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very chic! I need a wardrobe overhaul!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comment! Make sure you link back to either your email or your blog so I can reply!