Monday, January 18, 2016

Weekend update

It's freezing cold right now.

It's 59 degrees.

I understand that 59 degrees isn't really that cold for most of America, but this is California. We don't do cold here. Mama needs a pair of gloves to keep her fingers warm!



Bug had her first basketball game of the season, and I thought she did great! She didn't score at all, but I saw a lot of effort from her the whole time. There are a couple girls (the coach's daughters) who tend to dominate the ball, but Bug held her own. She needs to work on her offensive game a little more, but she's an excellent defender.

There's always time for a quick pose before the game! 


My parents went to the game, and said that the coach should have participated more. I don't necessarily agree with that. I thought he was fine. My parents also commented that Bug didn't get as much game time as the coach's daughter. Again, I disagree. I thought it was pretty equal with all the girls, plus Bug got to start, which I thought was a pretty big deal. And the important thing is that she get out there and have fun, which she did. I'm just happy that she's getting active.

she was most excited about getting a cookie after the game


Sunday was my stepmother's birthday, so we went to Alice's parents house for a birthday celebration.
It was a nice visit, but I gotta tell you, I was exhausted from so much social activity! I would have rather curled up with a good book all day. The was much talk about Bug's height.... she's nearly as tall as my stepmother now. We get it, she's tall.... but in all fairness, Alice is pretty short.



We got home and put the kids to bed just in time to watch Downton Abbey! It was a busy weekend, but nice!




 
Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

4 comments:

  1. I can't believe how much she's grown up and changed! No more baby face! Does she really like playing basketball? Nevaeh enjoyed learning the skills but not actually playing in games.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She says she likes it. I would like to see her get more aggressive with the ball, but I think that will come in time. One thing I learned-- I never taught the poor girl how to run! She has NO idea how to do it! I'm going to have to get it on film-- it's really amazing! How do you not know how to run? I thought it was instinct!

      Delete
  2. I love her candid pose! Oh, and stop complaining...you have 59, I would take 5+9! It's been like 4 here. Below zero with the wind chill. It's painful. My poor Hubby works out all day in it...

    But at least Mr. Carson & Mrs. Hughes tied the knot! Woo hoo!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, no! That's way too cold! My husband has dreams of moving to Wisconsin someday.... I told him he's crazy! He's thinks he's going to go out a shovel the walk every day? It's hard enough to get him out of bed now!

      Are you a little grossed out whenever Carson and Mrs Hughes kiss? The Agent and I always make faces! Eeeewwwwww!

      Delete

Thank you for your lovely comment! Make sure you link back to either your email or your blog so I can reply!