Thursday, January 21, 2016

I'm Popping over you

I was searching Pinterest for Valentine ideas the other day. I am going to be out of town the week before Valentine's Day, so I will not be able to help the kids make cute Valentine's to give to all their classmates. I need to plan ahead so the babies can have their Valentines ready before I go on my trip.


BK's Valentines from two years ago

"But why are you planning so early?" The Agent asked as I searched.  "It's still a month away. You have plenty of time."

last year's treats that I gave to my coworkers
"No," I insisted.  "First I need to figure out what we're going to make, and it has to be cute, but something the kids can make without much help from me. Then I have to buy the supplies and stuff. Then the kids have to make them. And this all has to happen before I leave. Unless.... well, do YOU want to make them?"

Bug's Valentines from three years ago

"When I was a kid, you could buy a pack of 30 cards for like $2. Why can't Bug and BK pass those out? Their classmates will look at them with just as much excitement. But if you think I'm going to make 50 pink popcorn balls with a hand-calligraphy card that says 'I'm POP POP POPPING over you!'... Yeah, that's not going to happen."

Too bad. That's a really cute idea.

Bug informed me as I was writing this that 4th graders are entirely too old to give out Valentines. I disagree. I'm 42 and I still wouldn't mind getting a Valentine!


Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

2 comments:

  1. We bought the generic cards. But keep in mind, they all come with suckers or tattoos nowadays, so they're not $2 any more!!! I will put something cute with it though...I made heart shaped crayons last year! I wonder if it's on my blog???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bug still says she's too old for Valentine's Day. We got ring pops for everyone in BK's class. My goal is to make a card that says "I'm POPPING the question-- will you be my Valentine?"

      Delete

Thank you for your lovely comment! Make sure you link back to either your email or your blog so I can reply!