Monday, January 11, 2016

Weekend Update

I looked at my calendar on Friday afternoon, and realized that this was going to be our last entirely free weekend for the next several months. After this weekend, we're going to be bombarded with basketball games and then baseball games and then it will be summer! That's a scary thought!

The Agent used the time to work on my fireplace. It's coming right along. The Agent did all the demo, then framed out the cut out and installed the dry wall. He hired someone to do the texture, and then he painted today. The next step is for The Agent to build the shelving, and then everything will be ready to  install. I think. There might be a few steps I'm missing there.

The fireplace is going in the cut out on the right, with the tv hanging above it. Shelves and cabinets are going to be in the left cut out. The brass flamingo oversees all the work. 


While The Agent was painting, I took the kids out to the mall so they would stay out of The Agent's hair, and so he would have no excuse for not getting it done. We returned a few things and didn't work out as Christmas presents, and then bought a few more things, and then the kids conned me in to letting them do this bungee jumping thing they have at the mall. They both said they would pay for it with their own money, so I figured it wouldn't hurt anything. BK loved it, but Bug said it kind of hurt and she didn't need to ever do it again.




Sunday was a lazy day. I spent most of the day reading, stopping only long enough to go to the market to buy groceries for the week and to do a couple loads of laundry (and really that was only because I needed to charge my kindle). I've been a reading machine lately! I'm already on my 6th book of the year! I've been reading the Home series, by Megan Nugen Isbell. Has anyone else read these? It's a romance series, but not too dirty. More romantic.

This is the first book in the series


And then we wrapped up the weekend by watching Downton Abbey. Who else is a fan? I'm surprised I was able to get The Agent interested, but he's as addicted as I am. I'm sad that this is the last season! There's still so much to wrap up! Will Bates and Anna ever have a baby? Will Edith find love? Will Tom come back? So much going on!


Hope it was a great weekend for you!

Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comment! Make sure you link back to either your email or your blog so I can reply!