Friday, January 29, 2016

Friday Favorites

I've been reading several Friday Favorite posts for months now, so I decided to join in. This is a link up hosted by Andrea, Erika, and Narci. These are my favorites for the week!




{ONE}
I'm all about basketball this week. One of Bug's besties was on the opposing team last week and they were matched up to defend against each other. It was a great game! Bug didn't score, and her team lost, but she is an AWESOME defender! Every game, she gets a little better. She was awarded a star at her last game for best defense!





{TWO}
Girl Scouts are a favorite this week! Bug is new to the troop so she's still learning the ins and outs of the whole system. But the best part is that it's girl Scout Cookie time!



I LOVE me some girl scout cookies! Bug's goal is to sell 165 boxes. At first, I thought that was crazy. She's not going door to door, and I'm not one to push sales at work, so how is she supposed to sell that many? I really didn't want to put any pressure on her. But good Lord, people love those cookies. I've just kept the order form at my desk and I've sold 70 boxes. And the troop got some pretty good booth locations (one at Target, one at Bass Pro, and one at a fancy overpriced grocery store) that Bug will be working at, so I think she might make her goal.

If you don't know a girl scout and are craving some thin mints, you can click here and order them online! I love that they offer a sample pack-- one box each of all 8 flavors.

{THREE}
The rain is a favorite this week! You probably know that California has been in a drought for the last three years. Well, El Nino is here! It's been raining at least a couple days a week for the last several weeks. Our snow pack's at 115%! We're not out of the woods yet, we need a few more heavy winter storms, but it's a step in the right direction! And the forecast for today is.... MORE RAIN!

The only bummer is that the grass has been too wet, so they keep postponing BK's baseball draft for Little League. Fingers crossed that it will happen next week.


What are some of your favorites this week?

Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

2 comments:

  1. I can't get over how much Bug looks like you and how she is growing up so fast! I too am thrilled and thankful for the rain. The cookies not so much. Am I the only person who wonders why on earth they sell after the holidays rather than before when everyone is on a diet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're telling me! Luckily sweets are not my weakness!

      Delete

Thank you for your lovely comment! Make sure you link back to either your email or your blog so I can reply!