Monday, February 1, 2016

Weekend update-- I'm a sports mom

I cannot fathom how it’s February already. Nor can I comprehend that my February is already booked pretty solid.

BK’s baseball draft was on Saturday. He did…. OK. First he was thrown three balls, like pop ups. He was supposed to catch the ball from the outfield, and then throw it to first base. He caught one of the three balls, but was able to throw them all back with ease. Then three grounders were hit to him, which he again needed to stop and throw back. He missed one completely and had to run to catch it, but was able to throw it back from the outfield. He stopped the other two and threw them back, although one throw completely missed his mark. Finally, he had to hit the ball from a pitching machine. He was given 5 pitches, and he hit three of them.

We only took video, so this is a still shot from the video. Ready to play!


Overall, I thought he did well. He wasn’t the best kid there, but he was by no means the worse. And BK was just happy to be out there playing ball. He said, “I think I’m going to get drafted to the A’s!” We’ll see!

I actually missed the tail end of the baseball draft because Bug and I had to go to her basketball game. She gets better every game, and you can tell that she’s really enjoying herself! She still hasn’t scored during a game, but she is clearly better on defense than offense. She had some awesome blocks: DENIED!

I need to get a phone with a better camera. This would have been an awesome shot! 


After the game, I worked on Bug’s birthday invitation. She has convinced me to let her have a slumber party for her 10th birthday. I’m such a sucker!



I would love to take credit for the cuteness of this design, but I can’t. The original design came from Note-able Chic. She has a totally cute etsy shop, check it out here

On Sunday, I went grocery shopping while The Agent worked on my fireplace. The process is painfully slow, but it’s coming together, one step at a time!



Bug spent Sunday afternoon working on a project for her girl scout troop. She had to read the news, find an issue that’s important to the community, write a letter to a politician giving her opinion about the subject, and then give a presentation to the rest of the troop. She decided to write about the water contamination in our city (something that Erin Brockovich has decided to get her nosy butt involved in). The subject was a little over her head, but she did a good job. She also made a poster as a visual aid.

TTHM stands for Total Trihalomethane-- a yucky bacteria that's growing in our water pipes


Hope you all had a great weekend!


Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comment! Make sure you link back to either your email or your blog so I can reply!