Monday, March 23, 2015

Weekend Update-- Baseball and retail therapy

Another weekend in the books!

Last weekend was filled with BK's school drama and opening day of baseball season, which I wrote a little bit about here. But we were also able to get away on a date night! We went to the wedding of The Agent's cousin, and I got to dance the night away while my parents watched the babies.

There is very little photographic evidence of me at this wedding. Thank goodness for that, because I was feeling large and in charge.


See the woman in the striped dress behind the boys playing on their phones during the reception? That's me. That's the only picture I've been able to find. But we had a great time, and the wedding was so sweet. I even made The Agent dance with me.... his entire family enjoyed the sight of their shy cousin on the dance floor! 

That brings me to this weekend. The kids are on spring break, but The Agent and I still had to work, so they were at the church day camp all week. I picked Bug up early on Friday to take her to a play date for the afternoon, and I witnessed one of the counselors doing something that had me stressed out for the rest of the day (more about this on Wednesday). I sent The Agent to the camp to talk to the children's director, and we were able to  get resolution. I hate to leave you in suspense, but it deserves its own post. 

On Saturday, baseball took up the biggest portion of the day. BK is on a T-Ball team, but he's one of the oldest and one of the best players, so the coach tried to pitch to him: 


But the other team got all up in arms about it. Apparently, you can't coach pitch unless there's been a vote by the league council, and there hadn't been a vote. I really wasn't sure what the big deal was-- we don't even keep score. But he had to hit off the Tee after that first time. 

But BK loves baseball, and he always has a great time. They don't play set positions in T-Ball here, so he rotated: pitcher the first inning, left field the second, and third base the third. He loves every position, no matter where he is. Some kids cry and throw a fit if they don't get to play pitcher or first base, but BK's happy no matter what. 

He's the pitcher, and the only one watching the batter

Sunday was pretty uneventful. I made chorizo and eggs  for breakfast and then I decided I needed some retail therapy:



Lots of good sales on Sunday.... Undies at Victoria's Secret  7 pairs for $27..... Old Navy sandals 40% off.... hand soap at Bath and Body Works 7 for $24 (plus I had a coupon for a free item and a second coupon for an additional 20% off. Score!).

I finished the weekend off by watching Walking Dead:

I feel like they could do better than this MoFo.
This guy is in trouble and is for sure going to die soon. Run, Father Gabriel! Maggie's gonna gun you down! 
How was your weekend?



Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comment! Make sure you link back to either your email or your blog so I can reply!