Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Molly's Musings-- It's a Dog's Life

Hi. My name is Molly.


I was born on January 5th. The Tall Man saw me playing with my brothers and sisters and scooped me up and took me away. I was sad at first, but the Tall Man took me to a nice house with the Soft Lady and the Clumsy Girl and the Loud Boy. It's a pretty nice place, so I think I'll stay here awhile.

It was a little scary here at first. The Tall Man gave me a bath almost right away, my first one ever! Let me tell you, it was not pleasant! And to make matters worse, the Soft Woman thought it would be a good idea to take me to THE VET. I was so scared! But THE VET didn't give me any shots, he just scratched my ears and told me I was a good dog, and gave me a bite of something tasty (The Soft Woman said it was medicine, but I don't believe her. It was too tasty to be medicine. I also heard whispers of shots in my future, but I'm going to choose to ignore that).

There's also a Mama Dog at my new house, but she doesn't let me nurse on her. She's nice enough to share her bed with me though, so she's ok.




During the day, I play outside with Mama Dog. Well, I play, Mama Dog sleeps.

When the Tall Man and the Soft Lady and the Clumsy Girl and the Loud Boy all come home, I get to come inside with Mama Dog. They have given me so many toys to play with! So far, my favorite toy is a yummy shoe that smells just like the Clumsy Girl. I can't understand why the Soft Lady started yelling when she saw me chewing on it.... do you think that I should save some of the sole for her?

After awhile, I get tired, and take a nap with the Tall Man:


I got in trouble yesterday, and I can't understand why. These people are not very smart, and they have allowed two STINKIN' CATS to enter the house. I trapped one and tried to let the Soft Lady know.

"C'mere! I caught the STINKIN' CAT! Come get it!" 

I got tossed outside right after that. Dumb people. Don't they know they were supposed to toss out the STINKIN' CAT?

I forgave the Soft Lady a few minutes later:


It's easy to forgive when it's time for a nap and there's a free lap available.

Nighttime is probably the worse, because I have to sleep inside a cage while Mama Dog gets to sleep in her bed in the living room. It's so unfair! Mama Dog has the whole place to herself at night, and instead of chewing on the tables and knocking over the garbage like I would do, Mama Dog actually sleeps! What a waste!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comment! Make sure you link back to either your email or your blog so I can reply!