Monday, December 1, 2014

Weekend Update

Happy December, my friends! I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

This was a very long weekend for me, since I didn't work since Tuesday. Yay for long weekends! I didn't take a lot of pictures this weekend, but it's not because we didn't have anything to do.... I choose to believe I was too busy to get the camera out.

On Wednesday, Bug had a friend over for a playdate. Our schedules don't allow this to happen every often, so it was a real treat! The girls made pumpkin-chocolate brownies and then played upstairs doing Lord only knows what, but they seemed to get along well, and I never heard any fighting. BK, however, was a bit of a pouty butt. He wanted to play with the girls, but the last thing two 8-year-old girls want to do is play with a 5-year-old boy. Poor baby. I offered to play with him, but I was apparently a poor substitute.

Thursday was Thanksgiving! We spent the day with my parents, stuffing our faces with turkey and studying the ads, organizing our plan of attack for Friday. I bought I few things online, just things that I was worried would be gone by the time we got there on Friday, but only if there was free shipping, because I'm kind of cheap like that. I REFUSE to pay shipping when I can get it at the store.

My stepmother picked me up bright and early at 4 am on Friday and we were off! Now, I mentioned that there weren't any spectacular deals on Friday (I bought a watch for the The Agent a week earlier... thank goodness I did, because it was $100 more on Friday!), but it feels so good to have almost all of my shopping done! Of course, I do have a few more things to get, and of course I have to get a few more little things, but I'm feeling really good about what I accomplished.

Some of my haul

Saturday was cold and rainy, and we had had an anniversary party to go to that evening, so I only had time to make a few returns. I took BK with me because I wanted to get him some pants and I wasn't sure what his size was, and while we were out we found this beauty: 


Hello, Lover. 

Sadly, the Michael Kors had to stay at the store because it was too expensive, it's less than a month before Christmas, we had to go to the anniversary party. 

Ugh. The anniversary party. our favorite babysitter was booked, so hunting around for another one, I asked if the affair was something that would be kid friendly. I was told it wouldn't really be a big deal and the children were welcome. 

This was a blatant lie. 

Bug and BK were the only children there. The average age of each guest was approximately 72. We were completely out of our element. We made small talk with people we barely knew and tried to keep the children from breaking any of the antiques that filled the host's home. We got out of there as quickly as we could. 

Sunday was our last day of time off, and frankly the children and I were getting sick of each other. We did manage to do a little Christmas shopping: 


And we got our Christmas tree up:


But by 6 pm, I was ready to beat the children. Why can't they listen? Do all children have this problem, or is it just mine? Seriously, I ask them to do something, and it seems like they big fat do the opposite. Or if I tell one child to stop doing something (like moaning at the dinner table when she's told to eat her chicken), then the other child thinks it's funny if he starts doing the one thing I just said NOT to do. Ugh!

Seriously, I don't know how stay at home moms do it. I am so ready to go back to work!

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! Now let's bring on Christmas!

 
Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comment! Make sure you link back to either your email or your blog so I can reply!