Wednesday, December 31, 2014

The Most Awesomest People of 2014-- part 2

Part One was yesterday.... Here's part Two!

6. The Walking Dead cast and crew
This is, without a doubt, the best show on TV right now. If you're not watching it, you should. The characters, the acting, the special effects-- all awesome. Oh, and there are zombies, too. What more could you possibly ask for?

This will NOT happen #darrylforever


7. U2
U2 used to be one my favorite bands. The album Achtung Baby was mind blowing for me. But that was 25 years ago. It's safe to say that U2 has passed their prime. But on September 9, U2 gave away their newest album, Songs of Innocence, to all 500 million iTunes users, completely free of charge.

The result was probably not what they were expecting. The Agent thought somebody had hacked into his account and almost cancelled everything. Other people cried about the memory it took up on their phones, and still others complained that The Man was trying to tell the people what to listen to. Oh, Please. In the words of U2's manager, "If you don't like it, delete it."

But still, it was a brilliant move for my man Bono. He received an undisclosed sum from Apple (read: serious moolah) and he was able to advertise his album to half a billion people instantly. Well played, U2!



8. Ebola survivors
Hey, remember when we were all scared about Ebola a couple months ago? And it hit Texas and we all ran to CVS to get our paper masks?  My city's mayor took to Facebook, saying that our hospitals needed to be better equipped to deal with the impending outbreak.  Whatever happened to those days?

Well, we've reached the end of 2014, and we have 2 confirmed US deaths. For the math nerds out there, that would be 0.000000625% of the US population. Like the swine flu and the West Nile virus, Ebola seems to be kind of a big dud. Way to overcome. 

9. Elsa
I have to admit, my favorite part of Frozen is when Elsa is singing Let it Go and she transforms from goody two shoes Elsa into naughty nightclub Elsa. I even considered dressing up like Elsa for Halloween, but then I saw that every other girl in the US had already purchased all the Elsa costumes in existence. Did you play the drinking game on Halloween, where you drank a shot every time a different Elsa came trick or treating at your door? I did... until I ran out of rum. Elsa even started pimping herself out at birthday parties! Here she is (with her sister Anna) telling her story to Bug and her friends:



10. Scarf Wearers
For once, I am trendy before my time! I've wearing a scarf as an accessory for years, but this is the year that it really started to take off. Even men, as evidenced in Andi's season of Bachelorette, are wearing scarves. And it's time to get fancy with your scarf wearing! Gone are the days of the simple wrap around the neck. Now there are at least a dozen popular ways to wear to wear your scarf. And the good thing is, a scarf can be worn for any occasion, dressed up or down. And even here in California, it gets chilly enough to wear a light scarf in winter. Don't know how to tie a scarf?  Watch and learn:


That's it! Have a safe New Year's Eve, and I'll see you next year!


Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

2 comments:

  1. Scarves have totally been a huge thing. Love it for my knitting side :)
    Walking Dead - yes yes yes - I'll be watching the marathon all day long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love walking dead U2 and Scarves. I live in Florida and I wear scarves all winter, I just like to keep my neck warm and they add a splash of color. Loved the video - will have to try some of these.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comment! Make sure you link back to either your email or your blog so I can reply!