Tuesday, December 30, 2014

The Most Awesomest People of 2014-- part 1

Hey, if Barbara Walters can do it, so can I!  This is my list of the people who fascinated me this year, in no particular order...

1. Taylor Swift
Hello, my name is Lovely and I like Taylor Swift. I'm not ashamed to admit it. I'm not a crazy fan girl or anything, but the woman is an amazing artist. Even more than her music, I love the message she sends. She is a wholesome American girl, who is clearly having fun and adores her fans. And tell me you don't start dancing every single time "Shake It Off" comes on. I be like Will Smith:


 2. Chris Soules
Actually, Prince Farming will probably be on my list for 2015. On January 5th, his journey to find love will begin airing on The Bachelor. Yes, of course I will be blogging about it. But I became a fan Farmer Chris earlier this year, when he met Bachelorette Andi Dorfman, he fell in love, and she broke his heart.  You chose wrong, Andi. Your loss.



3. Ice Bucket Challengers
You couldn't get online this summer without watching another video of someone dumping a bucket of ice water on their head. The idea is that if you're challenged, you have 24 hours to post a video  of a bucket of water being dumped on your head and donate $10 to ALS, or don't post the video and donate $100. Some celebrities were kind enough to pour water on their heads AND donate money, and some people chose to donate money to the charity of their choice instead of to ALS. I was challenged and then Bug was challenged, but dumping water on our heads was not on our list of fun things to do. Here's Matt Damon using toilet water to raise awareness for water.org:


4. Jimmy Fallon
I love me some Jimmy Fallon. He is so dang hilarious. Now, unfortunately, I need my beauty rest, so I can never stay up late enough to watch the show as it airs. But luckily there's Youtube, so I get to see all the best clips. I love the lip sync battles... or when Jimmy and The Roots perform with famous singers using toy instruments. Chris Pine was just on recently playing Battleship, but if you get a hit, the opponent has to drink a shot. And here's Adam Levine, singing musical impressions. Love him!



5. Seth Rogen
Ok, let's be honest. Who thinks the whole North Korea/Sony thing was just a hoax pulled off by Seth? I feel like Seth Rogen knew the movie was going to be a dud and he wouldn't make any money, so he practiced on his best Korean accent and called up the president of Sony himself. Because now EVERYONE wants to see this movie, and itunes is cashing in. iTunes is charging 5.99 to rent or 14.99 to buy this craptastic movie. A movie  no one really cared about in the first place  is going to make serious money. Go, Seth! Your evil planned worked!

The Interview


Stay tuned tomorrow for Part Two! 




Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

1 comment:

  1. I so adore Jimmy Fallon! He is so talented!
    That Will Smith dancing video is FANTASTIC!!!
    Prince Farming... I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comment! Make sure you link back to either your email or your blog so I can reply!