Tuesday, December 9, 2014

The Protector

The kids and I were shopping on Saturday and we stopped for lunch at Five Guys. Ever been there? Far superior to In N Out or Habit or Smash Burger. Anyway, we're there, eating our burgers, and in walks a boy and his dad. The boy was maybe 10, tall and slender, cute. He had spiky hair, which I was particularly fond of.

Now, Bug has never been one to really care about her appearance. She was wearing cut off jean shorts over black leggings and plain blue tshirt. Her hair was down and tangled. I didn't think much of it. That's just how my child looks.

So, this boy and his dad are eating, and we're eating, and no one else is in the restaurant. Bug asked if she could go to the bathroom. Yes, you may.

Five minutes later, Bug comes out of the bathroom. She has her hair tied up  in a low side pony tail, Elsa style. She's washed her face and she added Chapstick.

Celeb-Inspired Holiday Hairstyles
I'm sure she thought she looked exactly like T-swift.
"You look nice," I said. "What's going on?"

"Nothing," Bug said casually. "I just went to the bathroom." And then she looked over her shoulder and made eye contact with the boy.

Oh, gross.

"Wait.... do you know that boy?"

"Who, him? No, I don't know him. I've never seen him before."

"Then why are you acting like that?"

"Like what? I'm just, you know.... I don't know."

"Yeah, I don't know either. You're 8. And I don't like his spiky hair. Let's go."

 We got up to leave. BK had been pretty silent up until this point. But as we passed the boy and his father on our way out, BK said to the boy in his little 5-year-old voice, "I'm watching you. Stay away from my sister."

Oh, Lord.

"It's OK BK, let's go." I pulled BK away, while he continued to stare down the now very confused boy.

At least I know that BK's ready to protect his sister!



Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comment! Make sure you link back to either your email or your blog so I can reply!