Monday, December 29, 2014

Christmas Update!

Oops. I kind of fell off the blogging map there for a bit. So this is what I did the weekend BEFORE Christmas.


I had Friday off, and since it was the last day of school, I hung out at the school all day and volunteered. BK's kindergarten class made gingerbread houses and decorated gingerbread cookies, and Bug's third grade class watched a movie and ate nachos and chips and other junk.

But poor BK. He had made so many bad choices that he didn't get to make the gingerbread house or decorate cookies. While all the other kids had fun (and while I helped them), BK had to sit at a table by himself and do paperwork. Poor baby. It broke my heart. But when you make bad choices, there are consequences.

 

Our hope is that he realized what he was missing out on and will make better choices in the future. But on the plus side, he was the only kid in the class not hyped up on sugar afterwards!

On Friday night, I left the kids at home with The Agent and went to BFF's house for her annual "Ugly Christmas Sock" party. Like an ugly sweater party, but with socks. I liked it, because I can keep wearing Christmas socks all year round, and BFF likes it because it means no one can wear shoes in her house.

At first, the party  was a dud. Like there was maybe 10 people there. But there are advantages to having a small party. We ended up playing Apples to Apples and we had a great time.

There is no photographic evidence of this party. Probably a good thing.

And then other stuff happened on Saturday and Sunday. I have no idea what. Oh, except this cutie lost his first tooth:



OK, On to Christmas!

I was one of three people in the state of California who had to work the entire day on Christmas Eve. So while The Agent and the kids went out to breakfast and then did some last minute shopping, I was at work, being bitter. I ran out the door, my last day for the rest of the year, at 5:01 and I was home by 5: 05. Praise Jesus!

We don't really do anything on Christmas Eve, but after dinner, the kids got to open one gift; their Christmas pajamas, a movie, and packs of popcorn and hot chocolate. Then we snuggled in to watch our Christmas movie: How to Train Your Dragon 2.


All of us in our Christmas pj's




And then Santa came!



First, we opened our gifts at home:

Dumb Dog needed to get in the shot.

This box was filled with a dozen Magic Treehouse books. Bug was so excited!

The gift his sister picked out for BK

After we tore up our living room, we moved on to my parents' house so we could destroy their living room:

Mass spoilage

The Whole Family!

It was a great holiday... and the best part is, I still have a week off! Whoo hoo!

Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comment! Make sure you link back to either your email or your blog so I can reply!