Monday, June 6, 2011

Remembered: Prepositions

about 
above 
across 
after 
against 
along 
among 
around 
at 
before 
behind 
below 
beneath 
beside 
besides 
between 
beyond
but 
by 
concerning 
down 
during 
except 
for 
from 
in 
inside
into 
like 
near 
of 
off 
on 
out 
outside 
over 
past 
since 
through 
to 
towards
 under 
until 
up 
upon 
with 
within 
without

Miss K’s 7th grade English class. We needed to commit the most popular prepositions to memory (at the time, I thought this was all there was). I’m not sure why this was important to remember, but I never forgot it.

And yet, I can’t seem to remember to pick up my wet towel off the floor.


Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

12 comments:

  1. This was excellent! Made me think that it should have been a school house rock....like Conjunction junction, what's your function!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Awesome! That's incredible that you remembered all those! Visiting from TRDC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang! That was one drill sergeant of an english teacher! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. That is an impressive exhibition of rote memory right there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was wondering as I was reading down that list what all those words had in common. I'm such a dope!! Wow do you have such a good memory; either that or you teacher was once a drill Sargent in another life :0

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I'm impressed! And i love how you ended the post - that you still can't remember to do the imporant things but this you remember. LOL!

    Visiting from TRDC...

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL! At least the towel is on the floor and not on the bed. My hubby does that and it drives me nuts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. GAH! I HATED that test. I tried to make it into a song and failed. I think I ended up just getting lucky...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha! That's awesome! It's funny to see what we all remember "by heart".

    ReplyDelete
  10. Visiting from TRDC.

    It's amazing you remembered so many. I have bits and pieces of things, but nothing in its entirety.

    I'm not even that clear on what a preposition is anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a list I can also still recite, also from 7th grade!!!

    YAY! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Impressive, especially to a former sixth grade teacher. My kids were terrible with prepositions!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comment! Make sure you link back to either your email or your blog so I can reply!