Saturday, June 11, 2011

Kicking Cancer's Butt

The Relay for Life was a success!

Funny story…. So my friend Melanie from One in 36 Million told me she originally skimmed through my blog post, and she thought I was doing a chicken LAP dance. No, I was actually supposed to do the chicken DANCE lap, where I would do the chicken dance at the end of every lap. But still, Melanie inspired me. Could I be a chicken worthy of giving lap dances? Could I be a sexy chicken?

This is what I looked like for the Relay for Life:

Photobucket



I should tell you, this is as sexy as I get.

But I was awesome. First of all, nobody was even CLOSE to as dressed up as I was. I think one other yahoo had a chicken hat on. Everyone else was wearing just their regular clothes, or maybe their team shirts.

It made me a bit of a celebrity.

The DJ saw me as I was walking the first lap and stopped me. He had me grab a bunch of people together and I led them in a wonderful rendition of the chicken dance.

And then a rock version of the hokey pokey.

And then the Macarena.

I had a blast.

I am not able to show you the taped version of my antics for two reasons:

1. I didn’t earn enough money (remember, I said I’d need to earn $300 in order to film it?)
2. My camera battery died.

But, as a group, my team raised $2000, so we were all really happy.

Even though my local relay for Life journey has ended for the year, it's not too late for you to donate. Click here to help Kick Cancer's Ass!


Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

4 comments:

  1. You crack me up! I'm so proud of you and your group for doing this. What a gift to science and hopefully soon the world to help find a cure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so awesome! Yay for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on raising all that money and finishing the relay. And I love your outfit!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comment! Make sure you link back to either your email or your blog so I can reply!