Thursday, November 3, 2011

The Lovely Light

(I just read this again, and it makes no sense. I should not be allowed to write late at night.) 

The Agent is gifted. He has ideas in his head that I can’t possibly imagine. We could be millionaires with all the inventions he has had.

Except The Agent has a fatal flaw. He’s the biggest procrastinator ever.

You know those Crystal Lite on the go packages that pretty much the entire universe uses on a daily basis? The Agent thought of that a good five years before you ever saw them on a grocery store shelf.

As The Agent is fond of telling me. Every time I open a bottle of water.

“You know, that was my idea,” he says as I add strawberry lemonade to my water.

“Yes, Honey, I know. You’ve told me.”

“But you don’t believe me. I thought of that YEARS before they started selling them in stores.”

“Yes, Dear…. But you didn’t do anything about it.”

When The Agent has an idea, I am under strict orders not to tell anyone about it. It’s unfortunate, because some of his ideas are a little, ummm…. Silly. And I would love to tell you about them, but with my luck, the one I tell you about really WILL be a million dollar idea, and then one of my seven readers is suddenly reading my blog from a yacht sailing the Caribbean.

The Agent would not be happy.

The other day, I told The Agent about an idea for an invention that could really sell. I often will be halfway to work and wonder whether or not I shut the garage door. I can’t turn around to check with out being late for work. I’m always sure that I shut the door…. But I don’t specifically remember actually shutting it.

I’m sure I’m not the only one who has felt this sensation.

I might be the only one who feels it every morning.

Anyway, I think it would be brilliant if there was some kind of light sensor that would fit on my key chain. It would light up whenever the garage door was open. So if I was halfway to work and suddenly wondered if I left the garage door open, I could just look down at my key chain, see that the light was not on (meaning that it was shut), and I could continue on my way. And if it was lit up, I could hurry home and shut the door before the punk kids come and break into the house and eat my Cheerios.

Brilliant, right? I thought so.

I told The Agent about this, and he didn’t love it! He doesn’t know a good idea when he hears one.

When you make your first million, please send me a free sensor. And name it after me. The Lovely Light Sounds nice.


Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

2 comments:

  1. I will even give you ten percent of the profits of The Lovely Light. I think it's a Lovely Idea.

    (My neighbor across the street often Facebooks me to see if she closed her garage before leaving for work.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know about a sensor, but I think that would be an AWESOME idea for an app for a phone!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comment! Make sure you link back to either your email or your blog so I can reply!