Saturday, November 26, 2011

Black Friday madness!

Well, hello there! I trust everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving, a productive Black Friday, a successful Small Business Saturday, etc.

I had a really successful Black Friday. I wouldn’t say I got so many fantastic deals, but I have almost all of my Christmas shopping done. Plus I bought three pairs of boots for myself (Happy Birthday to me!) and a right hand ring that I love, even though The Agent has said it’s the ugliest ring he has ever seen. I believe his exact words were, “It looks like you have a silver wreath on your finger.” He doesn’t know:



Black Friday allowed me to also give you updates on a couple of past posts:

Remember this post? I shared with you my invention about being able to check and see if you left your garage door open without having to drive all the ay back home and check. Well, someone took my idea and totally ran with it. They sold the idea to Craftsman and it was for sale at Sears on Black Friday:

(I don't know why this is so pixilated. Apparently Sears doesn't like me taking pics from their website.)

I totally bought one. Hopefully The Agent is installing it the new house as I write this. If I’m ever wondering if I left the garage door open, I can just go online through my phone and check (or I could just use the app if I had an iphone or a Droid… but I don’t). Awesome.

Remember this post? The Agent, bless his heart, bought me a Dyson that was less than wonderful. I received varying forms of advice over this, my favorite being from Karen. She said:
 “Aw, that's a tough situation. It sounds like it means a lot to the Agent for you to keep the gift. In which case, it's probably a good idea to do that. I know it's $300 that could be used for other things, but sometimes it's more important to let someone else know we value them.”

I was totally prepared to keep the Dyson for this exact reason…. Until The Agent saw me using it on my kitchen floor. It’s then that it finally hit him: he bought me a $300 broom. So he told me to take it back and get the one I wanted. I did my research and decided on this one:


It’s heavier than the other ones (don’t care) and it doesn’t have the ball technology that the other Dyson’s have (also don’t care), but it has the highest sucking power out of all the Dysons (care very much). And, since I bought it on Black Friday, it ended up being only $50 more than the slim model The Agent originally bought me.

All in all, it was a good day! Were you as successful as I was?




Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

6 comments:

  1. That garage door thing really IS a great idea. Sorry you didn't get to make the money on it.

    And I'm glad everything worked out with the Dyson. I'm glad The Agent saw for himself that it didn't quite work out as intended.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love that ring! And I don't even wear rings and I'm having complete jealously right now! Looks and sounds like you kept busy over the past few days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The ring is very pretty! Cute blog:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow - holy shopping powers, batman. i love your ring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the ring. Also, you have very pretty hands (mine are ugly and old looking for my age).

    Also, you made the right decision about the vacuum. You will love it! And who cares if it's heavy!

    Bummer about someone stealing your invention! But good for you that you can use it without going through all that work of marketing it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comment! Make sure you link back to either your email or your blog so I can reply!