Thursday, September 29, 2011

Friends

I’m joining in on 5 Minute Friday at The Gypsy Mama today-- you write for 5 minutes and then post whatever comes out, no editing allowed. Today’s topic is Friends. 


I don’t have a lot of friends. This is no one’s fault but my own.

The first problem is that I’m not especially social. Nor am I especially nice. I will smile at you when you pass by my desk, but I really don’t need to know what happened last week. Nor do I have any desire to meet up for happy hour after work. I have two kids to get home to.

I used to pal around with four girls at work. I messed up with one girl, we are no longer friends. One is on maternity leave. One quite to be a stay at home mom. I’m down to one friend at work. She lives 40 minutes away and has two kids of her own-- it’s rare that we see each other outside of work.

The Agent has a large group of acquaintances that he plays poker with, be he calls very few of them friends. Out of our group of friends, there is one girl that I would actually consider a friend. I honestly can’t even remember the last time I even spoke to her. It has to be at least a month.

I did not make any friends in college. I was working full time, I had a boyfriend, I didn’t live in the dorms.

I have one girl that I still talk to from high school. I find this pretty impressive, since it’s 18 years since I graduated.

(there’s never enough time!) 







Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

4 comments:

  1. aw. you're funny. I bet you're a great friend to have. I like your dry sense of humor- very few people have that talent. It's also funny you say you don't have time. It's probably just not a priority and that's ok. You have two small kids. everyones different and I enjoyed your post this morning...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the same way. Really, no friends. Just a bunch of fair weather people in my life. You know the ones, where they are only around for the big events in life. Or when you need to beg the neighbor to watch your kids for a bit. Other than that, I've got nothing. It seems my mouth makes people upset.

    ReplyDelete
  3. my only friends are my online friends as no one wants to hang with the disable girl who walks like a drunk..hehe but hey i'm my own best friend and it's awesome

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have several friends, but the ones I've known the longest are the ones I rarely see. And that makes me sad.

    One of these days, you and I are getting together, and I won't take no for an answer. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comment! Make sure you link back to either your email or your blog so I can reply!