Wednesday, February 3, 2016

January recap and goals for February

It's time to recap those January goals and make some new goals for February!




1. Read at least three books. NAILED IT! I actually read 8. These are the books I read this month:

For The Right Reasons by Sean Lowe. You know I am a Bachelor fan, so I had to read Sean's book! I liked it... He's not perfect, he made mistakes, but he's learning and he loves Catherine. This was an easy read and an entertaining story, especially if you're a Bachelor fan.



The Home Series by Megan Nugen Isbell. There are five books in this series (and more are coming), and I read them ALL this month. The series is centered around Riley Rivas, who moved to a tiny town in Kansas her senior year of high school, after living in Boston her entire childhood. The series follows her love life as she grows up (and later focuses on other characters).  I was really sucked in from the first book! It's a love story, but it's not dirty at all. It's romantic.





Country Heaven by Ava Miles. This was free on my Kindle, so I gave it a shot. This is another romance, about a country mega star who (spoiler alert!) falls in love with his cook while they're on tour together.  It was OK. Good enough to keep me entertained, but not quite good enough to make me want to run out and buy the next book.... although there is a loose end that still needs to be dealt with, so I may spend the $4 after I read a few more books that I already own!




The Last Anniversary by Liane Moriarty. This is the 3rd book of hers that I read, and they've all been great. Lots of plot twists and turns. This book was a STEAL at 1.99 for kindle (most of her books at $10+). Although this book was still quite good, it was my least favorite of Liane Moriarty's (there's one huge plot hole that I can't get past.... perhaps the reason why this book is so much cheaper than the rest.


2. Lose 5+ pounds. Well, I didn't lose 5 pounds. On January 1st, I was the heaviest I've ever been: 243. As of this morning, I am 239.9.  That's progress! Every little bit helps!

3. Make 2 new recipes. I almost didn't make this goal. It's just so much easier to make the same things every night. But I made crock pot chicken parmesan from a recipe I found here, and I made deep fried zucchini chips from a recipe I found here. I may or may not be posting about these next week. To be determined.


4. Limit Candy Crush to one night a week. Success! I actually didn't play Candy Crush AT ALL in January. Hence the reason I read so much!

It was a successful month! Now here are some goals for February:




1. Lose 5 pounds. I need to keep the momentum going! I'd love to lose 50 pounds this year, but it's one step at a time!

2. Read 3 more books. Any suggestions?

3. Design and make cute Valentines for the kids to pass out. I actually need to get on this ASAP. I am leaving for a business trip on the 9th and won't be back before Valentine's Day, and I doubt that The Agent would be able to recreate whatever cuteness I have in my head.

4. Throw a fabulous party for Bug. She originally wanted to have it a laser tag place. Sounds easy enough! But then she sprung on me that she'd rather have a slumber party. Oh Mylanta! I'm not sure that I'm ready to take that on!

What do you have planned for this short month of love? Anything special?

(ETA-- Linking up with Angie and Karen, so we can all share in our successes and challenges!)


Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

2 comments:

  1. I'm ashamed to admit I completed reading my first book since Little Bird's arrival in Jan. Now, I have 3 books plus my Bible study sitting in a pile. Feast or famine around here like with everything else it seems.

    I tried to email you but it didn't work. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK so I emailed you.... did it work? Blogger and yahoo don't seem to love each other lately...

      Delete

Thank you for your lovely comment! Make sure you link back to either your email or your blog so I can reply!