Monday, February 29, 2016

Let's Talk!

I'm linking up again with Andrea and Erika.





Today we're talking about guys. Men. Dudes.

My kind of talk!

There are two main men in my life.

The first is The Agent, my husband. I met him when I was 27, and we got married on the third anniversary of the day we met. We've been married for 11 years now.



The Agent is a quiet guy, not a big talker unless he's had a few cocktails (which he often requires in order to exist in social situations), is incredibly smart, but will often overthink simple questions.



The Agent can fix anything. We bought our home as a fixer upper and he did almost all of the work himself. He can tile, put in wood floors, and carpentry. I don't know how big of a deal this is, but it's a big deal to me!



The Agent rarely gets mad at me. I, on the other hand, get mad at him constantly. Pick up your socks. Rinse off your plate. Please don't leave your drill on the dining room table. But we balance each other out. We complete each other.



The other guy in my life is my son, BK, who came into my life almost 7 years ago, after we waited for three years. You can read about his story here.



BK is my love bug. He is the sweetest little boy. People are always commenting on how well behaved he is when we're out and about.

It is amazing to me that someone so sweet can also have quite a bit of the devil in him. He is only in the first grade, and has already been suspended multiple times (the most recent being last week). He has problems with hands on contact, and he has a  problem with lying, even when we have told him we know what the truth is.



BK is my sporty guy. He excels at all things athletic, but especially baseball. He is about to start his third year of little league. He's kind of a big deal.



His academics... need a little work. The school is threatening to hold him back, not because he can't do the work, but because he refuses to sit down in his seat long enough to actually do the work. He's one of the younger first graders, so I wouldn't really mind holding him back, but his problem is behavioral, so I'm not sure that staying another year in first grade would help at all. I'm just not sure how to get him to behave.  Poor little naughty boy.


BK is a mack. All girls love him. I can imagine him being one of those cool high school jocks, and all the girls sit at home, waiting for BK to call them and ask them to the Homecoming Dance. I just home that he isn't also the bully who stuffs the nerds into their lockers. At this point, it could go either way.

So those are my menfolk! Who are the guys in your life?





Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comment! Make sure you link back to either your email or your blog so I can reply!