Monday, June 1, 2015

weekend update-- memorial day weekend

I missed the last weekend update. Let's catch up with what happened on Memorial Weekend.

On Friday, I ducked out of work so I could go for the pastries for parents thing that BK's class was doing. The class sang a couple of songs, and then we all got served apple juice and half a danish.
Look at how cute he is. How could he ever be naughty?

BK and his partner in crime.


I really couldn't tell you anything that happened on Saturday.

On Sunday, I went outlet shopping with Bug and my stepmother. Love me some outlet shopping! I bought a pair of jeans for Bug (Gap, only $15!), shoes for both kids (converse BOGO half off!), 2 pairs of jeans for The Agent (Levi's $36 each) and a wallet for myself (Kate Spade-- we probably shouldn't mention the price in case The Agent reads this).

I was worried that Bug wouldn't be able to hang through a whole day of shopping. But she did really well. She had a great day-- Grandma bought her everything she wanted. I turned my back for a second and saw Bug trying a pair of hideously ugly Heelys.

"Mom, I LOVE them! Can I get them?"

"No, you're not getting them. I just bought you a new pair of Chucks 5 minutes ago. You can't wear the wheels to school, you wear flip flops on the weekend, there is no point in getting them. Plus, they're not even cute. No, you will not be getting those ugly shoes."

But guess what? When Mom says no, Grandma says yes. She big fat bought Bug those shoes.... and then a pair for BK as well. My kids are spoiled.

To her credit, Bug wore the shoes to school every day last week (without the wheels), and she has been practicing with the wheels on the weekend. She is not the most graceful child ever, but at least she hasn't injured herself. Yet.

It turned out that the jeans that I bought for The Agent were way too big, and we didn't have any other plans,  so Lucky me! We all went to the outlet mall again to make the return. Silly Agent. He had never been to the outlet mall before and didn't understand how busy it could be, especially on a holiday. We got there an hour after they opened and the parking lot was already completely full. The security guard was making up parking spaces for people.

Crowds make The Agent grumpy. "What is wrong with people? Are the deals THAT great?"

Ummm.... yes. Yes they are.

 We returned the jeans and The Agent wanted to immediately leave. "Are you sure?" I asked. "We drove an hour to get here.... do you want to at least look around? There's a Nike, there's Bose...."

Nope. We drove an hour to spend 10 minutes there. We spent more time trying to get out of the zoo of a parking lot.

But it was still nice to get out of town, and the kids were  happy (watching movies in the truck). All in all, it was a relaxing and productive weekend!







Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comment! Make sure you link back to either your email or your blog so I can reply!