Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Prayers needed

Here's The Agent in June 2012:

Taking a nap with BK


And here he is, in April of last year:

posing for a pic after Bug thought she had done a good job in shaving his head

In both pictures, you may or may not have noticed the small mole on the side of The Agent's head. It's barely noticeable in the first picture. the second picture is more noticeable, since it's a close up, but it's roughly the same size. Maybe slightly bigger.

Here's a picture I took of The Agent last week:



Can you tell that it's bigger here? I can.

When you see someone every day, you don't notice things. Like you don't notice when someone is gaining weight or getting grey hair or whatever. Just one day you notice that it's there. Wow.

So I said to The Agent, "You should probably get that looked at. Have them freeze it off."

The Agent's response was, "I already got you. I don't need to look good anymore." Typical male. Doesn't want to go to the doctor.

But then other people started to mention it. My dad. A couple of people at work. Even Bug. So The Agent finally made an appointment with the doctor.

We were lucky that we had pictures to show the doctor, so he could see the growth over time. He immediately said that the mole needed to be removed. He said he would send it in for a biopsy and we would get the results back in about a week. "I'll be honest with you: it doesn't look good," the doctor told The Agent. "But sometimes these things turn out to be nothing, so let's wait and see what the biopsy says."

Even then, I wasn't worried. Even if it was cancer, it's getting removed, so it will be fine. Yes, he'll have a scar, but that will be no worse than the mole that was there before. No harm, no foul.

And then I got online. Friggin' stupid internet.

skincancer.org estimates that 9940 people will die of melanoma this year. 6640 of those will be men.

Holy F.

I am freaking out.

Pray for good news.


Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

3 comments:

  1. Oh My! I'm sending good thoughts - Don't worry, Pray!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My! I'm sending good thoughts - Don't worry, Pray!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Positive thoughts your way. Hope the results are good for you guys!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comment! Make sure you link back to either your email or your blog so I can reply!