Monday, June 22, 2015

Weekend Update-- Happy Father's Day

I am getting old. I was in bed by 9 pm every night this week (except for Bachelorette Monday, and that doesn't count).

On Friday, The Agent got a bit of bad news. His office was closed at 1 pm (he usually works until 5). He was also informed that his hours would be cut to three days a week. Since there are only three engineers left in the office, this is pretty bad.

I'm not really worried. I make enough money to pay our bills, and the kids didn't get into the after school program next year, so I was already worried about how we were going to pick up the kids from school each day at 3 pm. Oh, and every Wednesday is a minimum day, so that was a worry as well. So now The Agent can pick up the kids every day and help them with their homework and maybe pick up the house a bit until I get home. It will change our way of living, we might not to do as much extra stuff, but we will be ok.

Anyway, The Agent got home early and took a nap with BK  and didn't do laundry. I saw a glimpse into my future-- there's going to be a lot of nagging from me!

On Saturday, we went shopping! BK's birthday was last week, and we told him we would take him to Target to pick out whatever he wanted (within reason). God love him-- he had the cart full:


But he had had a couple of gift cards, so we were able to get everything he asked for. Most of the stuff in there was $10 or less-- I'm lucky that he doesn't have expensive tastes-- yet!

On Saturday night, Bug made cupcakes for Father's Day:



They're called banana split cupcakes. I am the queen of semi-homemade, and Bug is quickly following in my footsteps. She took one of those just-add-water banana nut muffin mixes, and added applesauce and chocolate chips to give it a little extra love. But the key to any good dessert is in the presentation. So she frosted it with canned vanilla frosting, drizzled on chocolate, and added nuts, a banana chip, and a cherry. BAM! Instant banana split cupcakes. They were a huge hit at The Father's Day BBQ.

Sunday was Father's Day! We allowed The Agent to open his presents in bed (two watches for work.... in hindsight, not the smartest gift idea for the guy whose company is about to go under!), and then we spent the day with my dad. We had a delicious dinner of fried chicken and mashed potatoes and a great time hanging out with the family. A great weekend!



Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comment! Make sure you link back to either your email or your blog so I can reply!