Wednesday, March 16, 2011

A Story Of Love

Today was Adam’s birthday. He turned 3 today.

For my newer readers, Adam was the first baby we tried to adopt, before BK was born. We had him for four months, until a family member came forward and said she wanted him. We haven’t seen him since before his first birthday.

I miss him, I do. But I do not think of him as much as I did two years ago, when we first lost him. Some of it has to do with time: it heals all wounds. Part of it was that I always suspected that our match with Adam was not meant to be. Part of it was that I was able to get updates from his social worker from time to time, so I knew he was doing well.

But the main reason is BK. He was born about 4 months after we lost Adam.

When something bad happens in your life, you always wonder why. Why, oh why, is this happening to me? I lost my job, I wrecked my car, my husband passed away. Why me?

We are so ignorant. We have no idea about God’s Plan.

Why did you lose your job? Because then you wouldn’t have looked and found a better one three months later.

Why did you wreck your car? Because then you wouldn’t have had coffee at the Starbucks next to the body shop, where you met a woman who turned out to be a pastor’s wife and would soon introduce you to your new church.

Why did you your husband die? So you could live through the experience, through the pain and the hurt, and you could help someone else going through the same experience. Someone who’s not as strong as you are.

Lovely, why did you have a miscarriage? So I could find out I was pregnant with Bug three months later.

Lovely, why did you lose Adam? Because BK needed me more.

Because I needed him more.

Thank you, Lord.

Mama's Losin' It


Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

11 comments:

  1. Oh, wow. Has it really been two years already?

    I love this post. Because it's so true. When we're going through things that are hard, it's so difficult to see any good coming out of it. But the truth is that SOMETHING good ALWAYS comes from the bad, we just have to be open to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for sharing a page from your story. I am grateful for your perspective as well, and hope that your words inspire many others. :) Stopping by on the mamakat linkup!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make a good point. God does work in mysterious ways and sometimes, we never do get to know the answer to our why questions, but God is in control and has a good plan for us, if only we will follow it.

    Stopping by from Writer's Workshop. Here's my posts about stories of love if you get a chance to visit:
    http://zemeks.blogspot.com/2011/03/greatest-love-story-ever-writers.html and
    http://karenzemek.blogspot.com/2011/03/story-of-love-writers-workshop.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. We do always have to remember Romans 8:28.....all things work together for good to those who love Him and are called according to His purpose.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This post is so moving and full of truths! What lesson you have learned!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes it's so hard to look for the silver lining, but it's always there if we look hard enough!

    Can't believe it's been 2 years already!

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a powerful post. it might be the girl stuff but it made me cry.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How sweet! I too like to think that everything has a reason for happening in life. I'm still waiting for a reasons to reveal themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just beautiful...we never know what the plan is...until it unfolds.

    ReplyDelete
  10. wonderful reminder to keep losses and gains in perspective. :)

    beautiful post

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comment! Make sure you link back to either your email or your blog so I can reply!