Monday, April 6, 2015

weekend update: Happy Easter!

Happy Monday! Did everyone have a fabulous Easter weekend?

Friday night was uneventful. We worked and went to school, then came home and I made breakfast for dinner. I made these nests from The Pioneer Woman.... this is her picture, mine didn't come out this nice:

Eggs in Hash Brown Cups

My husband wanted to watch Star Wars after the kids went to bed, but that's not a movie we own, so he settled on Spaceballs. I'm sorry.... the two movies just don't even compare. I need to buy the Star Wars movies now.

On Saturday, we had to take Molly for an early morning vet appointment, so we opted for quick breakfast smoothies from Jamba.... I had a Kale-ribbean  Breeze, which although tasty and filling at the time, did not stick to my ribs and I was starving by the time it was lunch.

I am starting a healthy eating challenge on Monday that I found here, and that requires 10 vegetables a day. That is a whole lot  of vegetables! So I figured I better splurge this weekend. We went out for cheeseburgers for lunch. They were served with a cheese skirt that was probably 18 thousand calories:


So good, yet so bad.

We had to run a bunch of errands in the afternoon, so it was dark by the time we got around to dyeing our eggs. We went with the shaving cream method, super fun and easy! Just spray a bunch of shaving cream into a pie pan, add some squirts of food coloring, and roll your egg around! The kids loved playing with the shaving cream, and the eggs have a marbled effect that I thought was really cool:

Shaving cream and two different colors

Here are the kids about to roll their eggs around



This is what the shaving looks like after you've rolled an egg in it. Cool swirliness.

after the eggs were completely covered with shaving cream, we took  them out and let them sit for like 10 minutes. 

then we wiped the shaving cream off

and revealed a marbled egg!
I thought they came out really cute, and it wasn't as messy as you might think. Strangely enough, The Agent was the only one who ended up getting color stained on his hands.... and he didn't dye any eggs.




On Easter Sunday, the kids were excited to see what was in their baskets:



And then we went to my dad's where I was there for 30 seconds before my dad said, "what did you do with your hair?" And then used his hands to try to flatten it.


I have naturally curly hair, and I didn't want to spend an hour straightening it. Get over it, Dad.

We have an egg hunt and the adults play, too. There's money in the adult eggs, so it's no joke. The eggs are camo colored, so they're hard to find:


This is a blurry pic, but there's an egg in there.

The whole group gets in to it;


And we were done hunting eggs (there were still four more eggs out there somewhere when we called it quits), we sat down for dinner:


and then went outside to play some ball: 




It was a great Easter weekend! Now it's back to work!

Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

1 comment:

  1. I stumbled onto your blog years ago. Since then I have read it because I like your writing style. I thought for about 2 seconds that I would write a blog but I don't have the creativity to do it. I am a blog reader not a blog writer!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comment! Make sure you link back to either your email or your blog so I can reply!