Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Molly's Musing's-- Canine Racism

Hi. It's Molly again.




I am still ultimately cute, of course. I'm three months old, and I weigh 14.7 pounds. As you might be able to tell, my original collar is getting too small for me! The Tall Man had to go out over the weekend and get me a new one.  My feet are huge, I keep tripping over them. The Soft Lady is sure that I'm going to grow up to be bigger than Mama Dog. But for now, I'm still cute and little.


My favorite thing to do is sleep.




I am rather spoiled.

I am still not housebroken.... this has caused much grumpiness in the household.

I had to go to THE VET for more shots again, but this time, I was too big to fit in the carrier that's made for the STINKIN' CATS, thank goodness for that! So I got to walk in like a big dog on a leash! I was quite  proud of myself.... until I realized where we were going, and then I flat out refused to take another step! No, no sir, not me! The Tall Man had to carry me in.... but don't worry, I plan on getting big enough so that The Tall Man won't be able to even carry me soon.

But it was fun riding in the car on The Soft Lady's lap:



The Soft Lady's biggest worry right now has been finding an insurance carrier that will cover me. Did you know that most insurance carriers will exclude a pit bulls (and other dogs too) from their policies, even if they have no history of violence? It's seems wrong to punish me just because of the way I was born. That's like.... canine racism, that's what it is! And it's so unfair, because "pit bull" is really a general term, look at all these dogs that were considered pit bulls:

[​IMG]
link-- Son of a B, this picture isn't showing up anymore. Imagine 6 dogs that all look different. 

Clearly, they all look different, and I don't look like any of these.

Luckily, The Soft Lady works in insurance, and after studying the policy and talking to her agent, The Soft Lady found a loop hole. The exclusion applies only to purebreds, not mixed breeds. A chat with the vet later, and the box for MIXED BREED was checked.  This means that my chances of being a show dog are over.... but I didn't really see a BEST IN SHOW trophy in my future anyway.

(The Soft Lady warns that some insurance companies exclude mixed breeds as well-- check with your insurance company to see what your policy says.)

Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

3 comments:

  1. If you end up in a bind - my humane society job (prior) adopted a lot of pittie mixes out - State Farm and Allstate are both companies that do not shake their head about breed restrictions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Molly, firstly your very cute. Secondly, definitely canine racism! Totally not fair! Well done to your clever Soft Lady for finding a loop hole.

    Visiting from Sharefest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s If you decide to pop by you might be interested in Alfie's adventures and his TV debut :) He says your very cute too ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comment! Make sure you link back to either your email or your blog so I can reply!