Monday, February 2, 2015

Weekend Update


This weekend update could also be titled "The weekend when Lovely proved she's not very intelligent."


Friday started out much like every other Friday lately: I worked late, I came home to find that BK had gotten in trouble at school AGAIN, I ate some pizza. Then I got online and three different friends had tagged me on Facebook, encouraging me to sign up for a 5K that our city is hosting. It starts out late in the afternoon, at 5 pm, and starts as a color run, then turns into a neon run after the sun sets. Sweet! So I signed up and told my friends I had done so.

Two of the friends replied back right away, saying they had checked their schedules and they were out. The one said, "You know that's Easter Sunday, right?"

What??? I checked the calendar. Yep, sure enough, Easter Sunday is on April 5th this year.

Son of a--!

I can't miss the family Easter Egg hunt and the fancy dinner and all that. Even if I go to dinner in my running clothes (which is unacceptable), the run starts at 5, so I have to check in at 4, which means I would have to leave my dad's house by 3, at the latest.   And I have to work the next day! I am not super fit, it takes me AT LEAST 24 hours after a 5K to fully recover. And, of course, no refunds. Ugh! I am so mad that I didn't check the stinkin' calendar first! So dumb of me! Why is Easter on  a different day every year, anyway? That's so lame. It would be so much easier if we could just pick a date and stick to it.

This explains why Easter is on a different day every year.... and I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with when Jesus rose up. 

On Saturday, I woke up ready to start a new day. I am only out $45  if I don't do the run, and maybe I can still figure out a way to make everything work. Maybe I could have Easter at my house this year, or maybe I could suggest we have brunch instead. I was confident that I could figure it out.

I didn't have time to think about it in the morning, because I had to go to a training. Bug has a pioneer field trip coming up, and the all the parent volunteers had to go to a training class, to learn how to be a pioneer. I got ready with plenty of time to spare, and left the house at 9 am. The class started at 9:30, and it was just across town, so I had plenty of time. But then when I looked at the flier to confirm the address, and saw that the class started at 9! What the heck???? I was already late! Oh my gosh! I am so NOT that parent! What do I do, what do I do????

The Agent told me to just drive there and show up late. I would have gotten there 30 minutes late, but it probably would have been ok. Yes, that is what a mature person would have done.

I am clearly not mature. I could not imagine a scenario in which I could muster up enough courage that I could walk in a half hour late to a training class that was only going to be an hour. It was just too horrifying to think about.

So I texted the room mom and told a blatant lie: I was having an emergency and couldn't make the training class, I am so sorry, I still want to go on the field trip, please let me go to another training class.



Lord, please forgive me.

Well, that pretty much put a damper on the whole day. I did penance by cleaning the house. It still looks a little disheveled, but it looks WAY better than it has been looking lately. That evening, The Agent went to a poker tournament and after the kids went to bed I locked myself in my bedroom to try to tackle that crazy messiness while I watched Sons of Anarchy. I just started watching it, so I'm on season I, but I'm already hooked! I'm loving Katey Sagal!

She's awesome.... and Jax is ok, too. 
Sunday was a beautiful day outside, so we did our grocery shopping and then I sat outside in a lounge chair and binge watched Sons of Anarchy while the kids played outside and The Agent slow grilled ribs and and chicken wings.

We didn't go to a Superbowl party, but of course we entered a few football pools, so we turned the game on at the half and watched it until the end. We're not big football fans, but even I had to admit that it was a pretty entertaining game! Go Patriots!

New England Patriots vs. Seattle Seahawks - Photos - February 01, 2015 - ESPN
Intercepted! 

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend! See you tonight for The Bachelor!


Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comment! Make sure you link back to either your email or your blog so I can reply!