Monday, February 9, 2015

Weekend Update: The Sads

Hi.

I had a case of the sads this weekend.

I think maybe I've been working too hard and not doing enough fun stuff and it's catching up to me. Plus, I get lost in my head and over think things too much.

This has been building up for awhile now. I've been working with Bug for the last several weeks, planning her birthday party. She wanted to have a Pancakes and PJ's party, where everyone would show up for brunch in their pajamas, and we'd have brunch and play some sort of pancake related games. I liked it because it meant that every one would be out of my house by 1 pm, so I'd have the whole afternoon to recuperate.

 But we had a problem with the guest list. We had a list of 10 kids, which is a pretty good sized party, if everyone comes. But half of those kids are the children of my friends; they're not even friends with Bug. And of the 5 people from school she was inviting, she really only cared if 2 of them showed up.

That's when I realized that Bug only has 2 friends.

I suppose that's ok. You don't need a ton of friends, at least she has two really good friends. But I really didn't want to do a bunch of work to throw a party for people she didn't even care about. So, instead of having a party, we decided to have a birthday weekend: her best guy friend will come over on a Friday night and they'll eat pizza and watch movies and make s'mores and do everything you would do at a sleep over, except actually sleep (The Agent drew the line at a boy spending the night). Then on Saturday, her best girl friend will come over, and I'll take the girls to get manicures and we'll go to a fancy lunch and we'll probably watch a movie. And then Sunday will be Bug's family party, so my parents and brother will come over and we'll have a little celebration.

Bug is very excited to have a whole weekend of birthday fun, instead of just one day. That'll be in a couple weeks, so that will be an exciting weekend update.

Anyway, all that backstory to say that on Friday night, I was on Facebook and saw a post from the mom of Bug's best guy friend. She posted a picture of her son and 2 friends from school that he had over.

And it made me so sad.

How DARE he have friends besides Bug.

How DARE he not invite Bug.



I kept to myself on Friday night. The Agent went to a poker tournament, I let the kids watch a movie, and I lost myself in Sons of Anarchy (I'm halfway through season 3).

I woke up on Saturday, still feeling sad. I didn't hear The Agent come in, but he always texts me when he's on his way home, so according to my phone, he rolled in after 2 am. Which meant that he would be useless to me on Saturday and I would be on my own. Nice.

I grabbed my cup of coffee and got online, like I do almost every morning. The first thing I saw on Facebook was a picture of one of my best girlfriends and her husband, at a crab feed with some people that we know. Having fun. Without me.



Sigh. I need to stay off Facebook.

Saturday was spent running errands and buying groceries, and we stayed locked in the house on Sunday, while it dumped buckets outside. I told The Agent I was feeling sad and he gave me free reign to engage in a little retail therapy, but I didn't even do that. What was I going to buy? There wasn't anything I needed. I could have gone to the Hob Lob or Joann's and I could have bought some randomness, but what would be the point? It's easier to just stay in my pajamas and watch SOA all day.

I need to curl up and go to sleep, and have a better day tomorrow.






Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

1 comment:

  1. :( I felt like that this weekend too. What's worse, though, is that my husband is on a project where he has to be out of town all week, and he's only home on the weekends, and I didn't feel like doing ANYTHING - not even talking to him. I've struggled with depression all my life so he gets it, but it still sucks. I hope things get better for you. <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comment! Make sure you link back to either your email or your blog so I can reply!