Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Working With Friends

After over two years of trying, one of my closest girlfriends finally got a job with my company. She starts working in my office next Monday.

I am very nervous, for many reasons:

She's going to hate the job, and by extension, hate me.
She's going to decide this isn't the job for her, but she won't have her previous job to go back to.
She's going to make friends with everyone in the office and won't like me best.
She's going to be the total B of the office and everyone will hate her.
Things are going to change, and I don't do well with change.

But most of all:

She's going to find out that I've talked about her over the years to my other work friends.

Please tell me that I'm not the only one who does this. But I'll be at work, gabbing with my work friends, and I'll talk about what I did over the weekend. And I'll say something like, "My girlfriend came over. Her husband is a total jerk wad-- he's cheated on her three times, and they're on the verge of getting a divorce. She really needs a friend right now, so I had her over and we drank wine and vented about guys." You know, I never thought she would actually meet any of these people, and it's not like I was talking smack.  I was just talking about what I did over the weekend.

But now she's going to be working here, and it's not like everyone in the office knows, just two people. But still. I feel bad. I certainly wouldn't want to start a new job and have people already know my personal business, even if it's only two people.

How would you handle this situation? I'm having such anxiety over this. I hope I'm making a better deal about this than what it is.

Sigh. I need Ryan Gosling to make me feel better.

Thank you, Ryan. 






Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comment! Make sure you link back to either your email or your blog so I can reply!