Monday, September 22, 2014

Weekend Update

My weekend started off with flowers delivered to me at work! My anniversary isn't until tomorrow, but it was nice to get flowers early!



After work, my girlfriend, who just survived her first week on the job at my office, came over for wine. She loved her first week! She said everyone was so nice, and she thinks she's going to fit in perfectly! Ha ha, fooled her!

So, she came over and we split a bottle of wine and talked about our week. Very mellow. Oh, and we tried to help Bug with her homework and failed miserably. Does anyone know what this means?



Two and a half laughs? I have no idea. I asked her if she's sure that last circle doesn't have just the Letter E in it, because then it would be Ready to Laugh (red E, 2 laughs.... get it?).  But, no. She says she's sure this is what it looks like-- 3 black circles, the word laugh written in each one in red, and the last circle is half blacked out. I'm lost. It's a sad world when I can't figure out a third grader's homework.

Saturday we....spent money. Frying pan. Clothes. A new dresser for BK. Randomness.

The dresser isn't actually a dresser. We went with a cubbie system:


I took this picture from an organizational website, but it looks just like this, except I made the cubbies orange and blue and green, to match the rest of his room. The idea is to get BK to put away his clothes on his own, so we're hoping this will be easier for him. We haven't set it up yet, so I'll have to give you an update with pictures. Maybe next week.... or in three years.

The kids had been acting pretty much crazy all day, so we sent them to bed and The Agent and I enjoyed a double feature movie night. First we watched Gravity, and then Delivery Man. Both were moderately entertaining, if not even remotely believable. I can't quite understand why Gravity got such good reviews. Yes, it was pretty to look at, but other than that-- eh. Delivery Man was funny but I really had to utilize my suspension of disbelief.

On Sunday, we woke up with no plans. We sat around until about 10 am, when I unleashed on The Agent and made him take me out somewhere.  We went out to an early lunch at a new restaurant in town. The Agent had the poutine. Did you see that episode of Modern Family where Cameron makes poutine and Jay says, "Well, it looks like vomit, so I won't be POUTINE it in my mouth." Yep, that's a pretty accurate description! But I had a bite, and it was pretty delicious! I stuck with safer fish tacos, and the kids had chocolate chip pancakes.

Photography by BK 

After lunch, we went to the girls soccer game at the college. We lost. But it was still fun. I like just about any sporting even as long as it's live.

This is Matti Long-- she scored our only goal of the day. Awesome! 
When we got home, The Agent git it into his head that he wanted to grill lamb chops, so I humored him.




They were ok. The kids thought they were eating steak. I didn't tell them they were eating baby sheep. I tried not to think about it-- thinking about it makes me a little sick to my stomach, and I'm by no means ready to become a vegetarian!





Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm...poutine... it might not look amazing, but it is soooooooo good!! I haven't had one in almost two years. *sigh* Darn healthy eating, ruining my LIFE!! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comment! Make sure you link back to either your email or your blog so I can reply!