Monday, December 5, 2011

December makes me Happy!

Here are a few things that are making me happy this week....

Christmas cards make me happy. My cards from Shutterfly arrived in the mail on Monday and I LOVE how they came out! My kids are so stinkin’ cute! Now, if I can just get my lazy butt down to the post office to buy stamps for them all!

Granite Countertops make me so happy! Check it:


Couldn’t you just faint from the pure awesomeness! The Agent’s really happy with it, too… so much so that he decided to put granite on the bench seat of the shower, too. This is something that I’m kind of iffy about, but I’m sure it’ll look fine. I just want it done!

Work makes me happy.  What a difference a year makes! This time last year I was so stressed, really worried about losing my job. Not anymore! My job is pretty dang stressful, but I'm not worried about getting fired... at least, not this week! But, regardless of the work, I get to spend the day with some of the coolest people ever. Oh! And I heard some awesome gossip today that, if true, makes me super happy! I would tell you, but then we'd be back at square one with the whole worry about getting fired thing!

Christmas lights make me happy. I’m alone in the living room as I write this. The kids are in bed, The Agent’s working on the new house, the tv is off and the whole house is quiet. Looking at the lights on the mantle and on tree makes me feel so relaxed and at peace.

Princess parties make me happy. Bug and I went to this super fancy birthday party for one of her friends over the weekend. All the girls were dressed up as princesses, a catered lunch was served, it was all very upper class. I told Bug not to get any ideas-- I’m a child of the 70’s: birthday parties belong in a back yard, with a slip-n-slide involved. But here is a rare picture of my princess with her new bff:


She's so dang cute.

Pinterest makes me happy. Homemade gift ideas make me happy. Actually doing them? Well, that’s an entirely different story.




 
Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

2 comments:

  1. I love Christmas lights. And Christmas cards. And, well, Christmas. That picture of Bug is super cute. And I hope that gossip you heard turns out to be true. Whatever it is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't even started on my cards yet. I hate that! I hope they actually arrive before Christmas! I really want the photo taken outside but it's raining today. Maybe tomorrow. And the counters look amazing! But come on...a real princess? Yowzers!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comment! Make sure you link back to either your email or your blog so I can reply!