Wednesday, March 2, 2016

February recap and goals for march






1. Lose 5 pounds. On February 1st, I was 239.9. One March 1st. I weighed 238.9. Only one pound. Sad face.

2. Read 3 more books. Another good reading month! I read 4 books in February:

Long Time Coming by Edie Claire. This one was ok. Not spectacular, but not terrible. The writing was pretty good, but I'm not one who enjoys the paranormal. I had guessed a couple of plot twists way before they were revealed, but there was at least one that took me by surprise.


The New Girl by Tracie Puckett. I did not like this book at all. Like not even a little bit. Forget the fact that it was incredibly short-- the first three or even four books of this series could be combined to make one decent sized book. But the message was very discouraging. A minor who falls in love with her teacher? And the teacher has feelings in return? Why is this man not in jail? Nothing actually happens, but still... not an appropriate message. I'm glad it was free.


A Family Affair by Mary Campisi. I can't remember why I started reading this book. Maybe it was free? That's usually how I come across authors I've never read before. This one was moderately entertaining. A very wealthy man dies unexpectedly, and his rich family learns that he had a second entirely different family, one that accepted that they could only spend 4 days a month with this man.. The question became: who was his real family? Who held his heart?

This book was good enough that I purchased the second book in the series. It wasn't as good, but it continues to follow the path of the two families as their lives intersect. It's called A Family Affair: Spring. 



3. Design and make cute Valentines for the kids to pass out. Done! I pulled a free printable off of Pinterest and made these cute ring pop valentines for BK:



Bug was a bit harder, but we designed hers ourselves and she stuck two Hershey Kisses to the back:


4. Throw a fabulous party for Bug. This was a success! I need to do a recap of it, but here's a pic of the girls, as they were getting ready to watch a movie. They had thought all of them could fit on the air mattress at once, but it wasn't comfortable, so they ended up ditching the mattress and all sleeping on the floor in a mass of blankets, pillows, stuffed animals, and girls. Good times.




Now on to March Madness!





End Basketball and start baseball. The last basketball game is March 5th, and opening day of baseball is a week later. This is easy enough.

Lose 5 more pounds. You would not think it would be so hard to lose 5 pounds.

Read 3 more books. Suggestions?

Donate 4 bags of "stuff." I probably can donate more, but I'm going to start out small. I'm just hoping that by donating 4 bags of stuff, I can get slightly more organized.

Go to the library. You would not think I would need to make this a goal, but there simply aren't enough hours in the day. Maybe if I make it a goal, we'll actually go.

Have an awesome Spring Break! The babies have two weeks off, and I'll be spending one of those weeks home with them. Any ideas to make it awesome?



Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. It is hard to lose 5 lbs. One simple thing to try is increasing your step count. I've found some success in this.
    2. I'm into reading right now but have been disappointed in some of my recent choices too. I might try your Family Affair book. I did enjoy The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks. I can't wait to finish the book I'm reading now. It's terrible, but I'm not a quitter.
    3. Spring Break ideas? Hikes? Pinterest projects? A much needed home repair that can become a family project? Decorating sugar cookies? Although, that kind of hurts Goal #1.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only losing one pound in a month was pretty depressing, but every little bit helps! I feel the same way about finishing terrible books-- Quitters never win! Right now I'm reading a book called Legend, which is ok. Kinda like Hunger Games, Dystopian genre. I still don't know what we're going to do for Spring break, but it looks like Hubby might be out of town, so we'll have to think of fun things to do without him!

      Delete

Thank you for your lovely comment! Make sure you link back to either your email or your blog so I can reply!