Monday, September 21, 2015

I was lost, but now I'm found

The Agent has been gone, working in the jungles of Wisconsin, while I'm here in drought-and-fire-infested California, playing single parent to two kids, all while trying to figure out my new job, which I have received very limited training on.


My company gave me a new laptop, presumably so I can be available at all hours of the day and night. I received it on Friday, and the tech savvy guys moved everything from my desktop on to my laptop and then told me to have a nice day.

The bad thing is that I have to take the stinkin' thing home every night. So, on Saturday morning, I figured I had this shiny new laptop, I might as well figure out how it works. So I turned it on, hooked up  the wireless, and was able to get online. Not really sure why I couldn't do all this on my personal laptop, but whatever.

But then I got on my email, and noticed that I didn't have any of my  saved email folders. I know I had them on Friday, but on Saturday they were gone. I've been with the company for 13 years, so it goes without saying that I have  A LOT of emails saved. I immediately called tech support.

Two hours later, the guy from India had not recovered my email folders, I was crying, and the children were wondering why lunch wasn't being served. I told tech support to get the guy who put all this stuff on to my laptop to begin with to get over here immediately and fix this. I was told to call back on Monday.

Add that to the PMS I was suffering from and my inability to handle everything on my own, and I lost it. I called The Agent and begged him to come home. He wasn't supposed to come home for another 6 days, and I knew that, but my life doesn't work without him.

He came home the next day.

It was selfish of me, he had work to do, but I don't even care. I am lost without him. And now I'm found.

(The Agent maintains that his work was done and he was going to come home early anyway, to surprise me. But I like my version better!) 

   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comment! Make sure you link back to either your email or your blog so I can reply!