Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Faith



High above the clouds
She stood at the edge of the cliff.
One wrong step would send her plummeting down
Falling to her death in the rocks down below
But she could hear him, calling her name,
Imploring her to join him.
"Lenore!" he called. "I need you, come home!" 
She looked over the edge, but couldn't quite see
His face through the clouds underneath.
She could just walk away. 
Ignore his voice-- was it just in her head? 
And go back to her safe little life high in the sky
But where was the joy in that? 
In a world of what ifs
There was really no choice
She did the only thing she could do: 
She closed her eyes and took a leap. 



Mama’s Losin’ It


Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

5 comments:

  1. Love it! My life is so much better since I've started taking leaps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Stopping by from Kats! Chose the same prompt :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coming over from Kats. I love this poem of yours. It seems like a lot of people chose this prompt. I'm enjoying reading them. I picked another prompt myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful! A leap for love is the best kind of leap to take. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comment! Make sure you link back to either your email or your blog so I can reply!