Sunday, October 23, 2011

The Post Where Lovely Gets Drunk

(I wrote this while drinking one of the tasty beverages described below. Therefore, I cannot be held responsible for whatever nonsensical outpourings are spewed forth.)


(I originally wrote FORCE instead of FORTH. And then spent 5 minutes laughing about it. Am I even spelling FORTH right? I'm drunk.)


 I’m not a drinker. But I made something, and it’s yummy. I wish I invented it, but I didn’t. I found it here 
 (the rest of her blog is a little too scary for me though)

It’s starts out with vodka and candy corn:


I know, great beginnings, right? Add ½ cup of candy corn to  1½ cups of vodka in an airtight container.

Let it sit a couple hours, or overnight. Then strain out all the candy and throw it out (or eat it-- maybe it’s delicious. I had the kids with me during this step, and I didn’t want BK suddenly drunk off of vodka-saturated candy corn, so mine went down the garbage disposal). It will look like this:



Now for part two:


1 part candy corn vodka
1 part butterscotch schnapps
1 part baileys


Sweet nectar. 

I think a more talented bartender could have made the drink so there were three distinct layers, so it looked like a candy corn. That didn’t happen. It  did not have an effect on the deliciousness.  Even The Agent, a solid Bud Light drinker, approved. 





I’m a light weight, and it only took one to get me tore up from the floor up. I bet you could get all fancy and serve it in a martini glass, rimmed with orange or black colored sugar.

Make it at your Halloween party this weekend, and let me know what your guests think of it!


This was so awesome, I'm linking up here:
Tip Junkie handmade projects

Manic  Mother


3 comments:

  1. i bet you are so fun to hang out with drunk. that sounds delish btw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't drink at all, but I have to admit that I kind of want to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this. Please link it to my linky party & anything else you have to share. Thanks, Peggy.
    http://diycraftstomake.blogspot.com/2011/10/whacha-work-up-wednesday-weekly-linky_25.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comment! Make sure you link back to either your email or your blog so I can reply!