Monday, October 10, 2011

How I spent my vacation

Have you entered my contest yet? Go here to enter! 

My house has been completely clean for like five days in a row.

Beds made.
Kitchen clean.
Laundry done.
Toys picked up.

It’s  been wonderful. I’ve been relaxed, I’ve had time to play with the kids, and I don’t live in mortal fear of someone dropping by and walking in to the war zone that is my living room.

The bad news is, I have to go back to work today, and I don’t know if I can keep up with my clean house routine when I work fulltime, have two young kids, and have a husband who does… not a lot. But I think The Agent is going to be working on the new house every day after work, so that will help keep the chaos under control.

Here’s a before and after tease for you, so you can see what The Agent’s been doing:




And here's what it looks like now:




I love it! The kids were sad to have their little secret play room filled in, but it was driving me nuts to have that little door in the middle of my living room (before you cry about all the storage space I gave up, don't worry. There wasn't that much space there to begin with, and we're going in through the garage).

The Agent is working on my shower now, which is taking WAY longer than I thought it would. Seriously, it seems like he's been working on the shower for three weeks now, and I still don't see any tile up. Apparently, there are 392 things that you have to do BEFORE you lay down the tile, and The Agent is working on all those things.

News to me. I thought you could just lay some tile down and call it a day. That's probably one of the many reasons why The Agent's doing it right now and I'm at home blogging about it.

4 comments:

  1. Looks great! Yaya would def be upset if her secret fort was sealed. I on the other hand totally get it! LOL

    Great job on all the hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it when I can get into a routine that keeps the house clean. But I can never keep it. Hope that doesn't happen to you! Good luck!

    That looks so awesome! Good job Agent!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So jealous your house is clean! Yesterday, I downgraded my tornado home from an F5 to an F2. So it's still hit but there's definitely an improvement.

    Love the stairwell! So adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks so great! That Agent of yours is pretty handy. You should keep him around.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comment! Make sure you link back to either your email or your blog so I can reply!