Wednesday, June 8, 2016

May results and June goals

The Monthly Goals: a Goals Linky Party at My So-Called Chaos and A Peek at Karen's World
Another month down and I still don't have a lot to say, but that's ok!



*Lose three more pounds. Finally, a good month for weight loss! May 1: 241.1. June 1: 238.0. Whoo hoo! I've been working hard on the Lovely Diet Plan (which is essentially logging everything I eat and calorie counting).

*Create our summer bucket list. Done! The kids love creating this list every Summer. You can read about this year's list here.

*Create a You Tube Video for Bug. I still didn't get to this, and Bug hasn't been asking. Out of sight, out of mind.

*Go on a date without the kids. We went out not once, but twice! First we went to my girlfriend's 40 birthday party, and then the very next night, we went out to dinner with the other parents from BK's baseball team. A bit of a bummer that it wasn't spread out a little more, but at least we got out of the house!

And I also read two more books in May, making the total 23 for the year:

The Swan House by Elizabeth Musser

find it here 
This book was only ok to me, which is probably why it took almost the entire month to read it. It was about a young rich debutante named Mary Swan,  growing up in Atlanta in the 1960's. When her mother dies tragically, her housekeeper takes Mary Swan with her to volunteer at a soup kitchen on the other side of town. While there, Mary Swan questions everything about her society and the life she's always known.

So this was a book that's supposed to make you think and question the way people do things. It was about discrimination and segregation and the differences between the rich and the poor.  Not my cup of tea. I'd rather have a good love story.... so I was particularly annoyed when the book ended and we don't know if Mary Swan ended up with the guy (there is a sequel that answers this question, but I will not be reading it. You can read it and tell me what happens).

Twenty-Eight and a Half Wishes by Denise Grover Swank

Twenty-Eight and a Half Wishes (Rose Gardner Mystery, Book 1) by [Swank, Denise Grover]
find it here

I got this book because it was free, but what a cute story! This girl has always been a plain Jane outcast, but she's special because she can have visions of future events, but that makes you kind of creepy in a small town in Arkansas. So she's an outcast, but then one day she sees her own murder in a vision. She knows she's about to die, so she starts to really live for the first time in her life.

This book was the first in a series, and I liked it enough that I've already read the next three books so far in June! There's like 8 books in the series, so I'll have plenty of reading material this Summer!


Now, we're on to June!



* Lose 5 More Pounds. I'm on a roll, let's keep it up!

* Have a birthday party for BK. BK turns 7 in June. He already blew it, and can't have a party with all his friends (I guess I better write about that at some point). But he's still having a birthday, so he'll still have a party with the family, and I'll make it cute and fun. And bonus: I saved about $400 by not having it at the laser tag place like we were planning! #silverlining

* Build a relationship with the boss. I have a new boss, who just started on May 31st. I've only met him a couple of times, but my position works very closely with him, so June will be spent getting to know each other, how we tick, all that.

* Teach BK how to swim. We didn't join the swim team this year. Bug was at the point that she needed to start getting competitive, and she just wasn't feeling it. We decided to just stick to the HOA pool, so we could all enjoy it, and I could spend some one on one time with BK to get him to learn to swim. I'm not sure that we'll be able to accomplish this in June, but it's definitely one of our goals for the summer.

Happy Summer!


Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

2 comments:

  1. I like the monthly goals. I have you to thank for my list for the year: http://jamieandus.blogspot.com/2016/01/52-goals-for-2016-de-stress-with-less.html
    It helps to have it written. Hmmm Maybe I need to do monthly goals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate books that don't tell you what happens. I just read one that was so bad, I certainly didn't want to read the sequel! I googled it just to find out what happened! The Swan House sounds good to me, but as I just said, I don't like cliffhangers.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comment! Make sure you link back to either your email or your blog so I can reply!