Monday, April 4, 2016

March results and April goals


March is in the books! How did it turn out for you?






End Basketball and start baseball. Success! Bug had a great finish. She wasn't the best on the team, but she made serious improvement from the beginning of the season. I told her at the beginning of the season that I  only ask that she try each game, and she did! She put in great effort every game.

Now we're eating, breathing, and sleeping baseball. BK is kind of awesome, and went up a level this year. He's the youngest player on the team, but he's holding his own! He scored two runs on his first game, and we ended up winning 9 to 3. Go Yankees!

Lose 5 more pounds. March 1st: 238.9. March 31st: 242.3. Yikes! Too many Cadbury eggs!

Read 3 more books. Nailed it again! I read 6 more books in March, putting me at 18 all together for the year:

Legend by Marie Lu.

buy it here
This book was on my kindle for over a year before I actually started reading it this month. When I purchased it, I thought it was the book that became the movie with the same name starring Will Smith. It's not. Still, it was was moderately entertaining. It's the first book in a series, I probably won't purchase another the next book.



Royal Date by Sariah Wilson

buy it here 
I think this one was free. It was a predictable,  cute little romance, with the typical misunderstandings that couples must go through before they live happily ever after. This was a stand alone book (I think) but there are other books that will follow the stories of some of the other characters. I may or may not be purchasing the other books. To be determined.


The Tumor by John Grisham.

buy it here 

This is not a real book, so I hesitate to even bring it up. It was described as a non legal thriller. Ok, I'm game. But really it's about ultrasound technology, and how it's going to revolutionize cancer treatment in the future, and he's financially endorsing the practice. It's basically an advertisement for the product. Well written, but not really my cup of tea.

The Revenant by Michael Punke.

buy it here
The Agent read this book and seemed to like it, and we hadn't seen the movie yet, so I decided to give it a shot. It was pretty good. It's about a man who was attacked by a bear and was left in the wilderness to die by his comrades. The book is more about the victim's quest for revenge from the men who left him to die. This was probably the most intellectual book I've read this year.... which is probably also why it took me two weeks to read when I can usually get through a book in two days.

Close to Home by Megan Nugen Isabell

buy it here
You might remember that I read the first 5 books of this series in January. When I found out that there was a 6th book, I picked it up right away. This was an easy beach read, as entertaining as the previous ones, but I have to say I was more than a little annoyed with some of the choices the main character made. Greedy girl! I will be buying the next book in the series.... when it comes out. I hope it doesn't take too long-- I have a terrible memory, and if I can't remember what happened in the first book, I probably won't be buying the next one.


Wreckage by Emily Bleeker

buy it here
This is probably my favorite book of the year so far. It's about two people who survive a plane crash, and live for two years on a deserted island before they are rescued. It's about their feelings before, during, and after their time on the island. There are a lot of flashbacks, but it's still easy to follow. I felt for the main characters' dilemma, but I was annoyed that there was one plot hole that I needed more info on. Still, I would recommend this one! 



Donate 4 bags of "stuff." Done, and then some! I meant to take a picture and then I forgot, like the big goof I am. But we ended up donating 4 bags of clothes, a bag of tupperware, a box of old toys, and a guitar. 

Go to the library. Score! It was a little sad that I had to schedule time to fit this in, but at least we got it done!




Have an awesome Spring Break! I had a week off with the babies for spring break, and The Agent had to go to Chicago for work, so it was just the three of us for most of the week. We packed in as much fun as we could! We decorated Easter eggs, toured the Jelly Belly factory, went to the library, and went hiking along the Cosumnes River. Good times!

Now, here's what's in store for April:


* File taxes. I can't believe we haven't done this yet.

* Write a short story. My writing has really taken a back seat lately, but I have an idea that is playing around in my head.

* Help Bug make a You Tube video. Bug has serious love for Rosanna Pansino, who hosts Nerdy Nummies on You Tube. Even I got a little star struck when she "liked"  my Instagram photo of one of the creations Bug made from her cookbook. Now Bug has it in her head that she wants to start her own web series, so I told her I would help her with it.

* Lose three pounds. Time to get serious now. Summer is almost here and The Agent is going to expect me to walk around in shorts. But since I haven't been able to lose 5 pounds, I better start off a little smaller and only try to lose three.

That's it! Make it a great month!




Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comment! Make sure you link back to either your email or your blog so I can reply!