Monday, May 4, 2015

Weekend Update: Oink, Oink

I feel like time has been going by way too fast, and I'm helpless to stop it. Our weeks are BUSY. There's baseball and piano, and I'm trying to figure out a way to squeeze swimming in there, too. My house is constantly in a state of disaster, and I am never rested. I guess that's what it's like to be a working mom with two busy kids!

On Friday, we really did nothing. We ate pizza and watched movies, and I started my summer reading challenge by reading Mr. Mercedes, by Stephen King. It was a very low key evening.

One Saturday, we played baseball, again. It was HOT! We only have three more weeks of games, and thank goodness for that, because the kids are about done standing out in the hot sun, waiting for a ball that MIGHT be hit towards them. Of course, BK was awesome. Here's a video of him hitting the ball. He doesn't hit it until about 20 seconds in, so you have time to refill your coffee or grab a doughnut first. Also, you might want to turn your sound  down, since a certain mama screams her fool head off after he hit the ball:



On Sunday, we went to our town's biannual street faire. Downtown is blocked off, and basically the whole town comes out and walks the streets, which are filled with vendors selling crafts, antiques,  and food (and there's quite a few people there selling useless junk there, too!). The high point for the kids was when we let them get inside this giant inflatable balls and they got to play in a pool of water:






6 months ago, we bought our book case there, which I LOVE. This year, there wasn't anything there that I had to have, but The Agent walked away with this beauty:

This pig's got his eye on you

It's now in the backyard, guarding over The Agent's many grills. Whatever. As long as it's not in my house.

Oink, oink


Oh, and I finished my book! It helped that it was really good, so I ripped through it. Next I'm going to read Darkness of Light, by Stacey Marie Brown. I know absolutely NOTHING about this book or the author, so I make no promises about my ability to read it as fast!


Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comment! Make sure you link back to either your email or your blog so I can reply!