Wednesday, February 9, 2011

A Poem

For My First Valentine

From the moment I was first in your arms
I knew that you’d always be there
You’d always protect me
Always would guide me
And show me how much you care

You’ve been the hero I always could count on
The teacher of right versus wrong
A shoulder to cry on
A man to rely on
My love for you will always be strong

We don't always see eye to eye
Some years in the past have been tough
A few thoughtless words
Other words go unheard
But in the end, you were always enough

Who is this man, who walks above men?
Who brings out the good from the bad?
My guiding light
My shining knight
My first Valentine… his name is Dad

Mama's Losin' It



Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

15 comments:

  1. Aww..that's a beautiful poem for your dad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. O-M-G! So Love this! Was not expecting it to be dad!!! So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too wasn't expecting it to be dad but hubby or boyfriend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so sweet! I always get mushy over Daddy stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great poem! Just goes to show the bond between daddy and daughter is so strong.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great poem and so true! My dad was wonderful too!

    Stopping by from writer's workshop. Here's a link to ours if you get a chance to visit:
    http://zemeks.blogspot.com/2011/02/what-are-you-going-to-do-clean-trash.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very sweet, stopping by from writer's workshop.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This threw me for a loop but I love the unexpectedness of it- your right our dads are usually our first Valentine, how sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wasn't expecting the ending. What a sweet poem!

    Visiting from Mama Kat's

    ReplyDelete
  11. He sounds amazing. I love your poem.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Daughters love their dads! It's one of the things I'm sad Dumb Dad will never experience because we couldn't make a daughter if we tried. And we totally did. Like three times actually!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your dad will love this! You have to share it with him!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comment! Make sure you link back to either your email or your blog so I can reply!