Monday, November 30, 2015

weekend update: Thanksgiving Weekend



Hello, my friends!

Well, it's Monday, and after a week off, it's time to get back to work.

It's ok. I only have to power through for 17 more days, and then I have another week and a half off. Whoo hoo!

We were supposed to watch one of Bug's friends last week, but that ended up not happening. We suddenly had a week with no plans! That almost never happens. We went to a pottery place to make
ornaments for the grandparents, we played basketball, we baked cookies, we were generally lazy.

We went to my dad's house on Thanksgiving, and probably the best part of the day was that I didn't have to bring anything to dinner. Usually  get stuck making the vegetable, and of course nobody-- at least not in our family-- will eat the vegetable when there's so much other good stuff! I got a little annoyed because other than a glass of wine at dinner, I wasn't drinking. they just wouldn't let it go! "Why are you such a fuddy duddy? Are you not feeling well?" Gee, I didn't know I was such a raging alcoholic that it would become national news if I didn't drink for one night!

And if I have to hear my grandmother say one more time, "you look so tired, Lovely" I will seriously lose it. Saying you look tired is really just a euphemism for saying you look like crap. I work full time and I have a husband and two kids. I ALWAYS look tired.

Friday was better. My stepmother and I went shopping and I got ALMOST all of my Christmas shopping done. I just need to get Bug's Santa present and some stocking stuffers for BK, and gift cards for the teachers. I love being done early!

Saturday was decorating day! Away went the fall decorations, and out came all the Christmas stuff.

The Agent and I have quite the argument over Christmas decorating every year. The Agent refuses to decorate the outside of the house in any way. He allows me to decorate the inside, on the condition that our Christmas cheer is not seen from the outside, so that means that our Christmas tree can't be placed in front of the window of our living room, which is where trees belong. The Agent's logic is that if robbers are looking to loot and pillage, they will pick the house they know is filled with presents before they pick the grinches. I guess I understand that, but I also think that if thieves want to break in, they will, regardless of your choice of decorations.

Sunday was filled with normal errands, getting ready to go back to the grind. We picked up our Christmas cards, and I must say.... my family is incredibly good looking!


Now it's off to an incredibly busy day, trying to catch up on everything I missed last week! Say it with me: we can do this!




  
Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comment! Make sure you link back to either your email or your blog so I can reply!