Tuesday, May 3, 2016

April results and May Goals

Can you believe it's already May? April flew by! Here were my goals for April: 


* File taxes. Done. And the money is already spent.

* Write a short story.  I started one, a great idea about an embryologist who couldn't get pregnant herself. But it never really went anywhere, and it sits unfinished.

* Help Bug make a You Tube video. We never got around to doing this, but Bug still wants to have a kids cooking channel.

* Lose three pounds. April 1: 242.3. May 1: 241.1. A loss of 1.2 pounds. Pitiful. But I guess it's better than a gain!

And although this wasn't a goal, but I read three more books this month, making  21 all together. Here are the books I read:

The Good Neighbor by AJ Banner:

buy it here
This was a pretty good book. The main character lost her closest friends and her own home in a fire, and now she's questioning if her whole life is lie, including her marriage to her husband. It was a page turner.


When I'm Gone by Emily Bleeker:

buy it here
I liked Wreckage so much, that I decided to read When I'm Gone. This one was also really good. It started out much like PS, I Love You-- the main character's wife dies, and she leaves him several letters that she has delivered to him from beyond the grave. But while PS, I Love You is a romantic tear jerker from beginning to end, When I'm Gone is a mystery, and he questions the secrets his wife kept while she was alive. Another excellent book.

Making Faces by Amy Harmon:

buy it here
 One of my readers recommended this book to me, and I'm so glad. I would consider this a Young Adult novel. It's about inner beauty, and sometimes beautiful faces can be just as beautiful on the inside, and you can be a beautiful person without the perfect outer shell. This was my favorite book of the month, but all three were really good!

Now, on to May!



*Lose three more pounds. I think I might have to give up alcohol in order to accomplish this. It makes me very sad.

*Create our summer bucket list. The kids look forward to this every year! Last year's list is here  and 2014's is here. We have 52 days of Summer vacation this year, so this year we will have 52  fun things on our list.

*Create a You Tube Video for Bug. I didn't get to this in April, so let's try it again in May!

*Go on a date without the kids. I need a night out in a major way! Who would like to watch my kids?



Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the book recommendations. I don't like sad things though.... :/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comment! Make sure you link back to either your email or your blog so I can reply!