Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Running


Hi.

I'm on vacation this week. The kids are off on spring break for the next two weeks, so I'm with them for the first week, and my husband is off the second week. We have nothing planned, so we've been sitting around and eating a lot. I've gained four pounds this week so far, and it's only Wednesday.

My daughter is 11. She just finished basketball season, and I noticed while she was on the court that she's like the funkiest runner ever. Like have you ever seen Phoebe run, on Friends? That funky.

Phoebe Running - Friends
 
There's something wrong with her ankles, they're turned in. I'm worried  that she's going to trip and fall and break an ankle. So I told her that during the off season, we would work on her running.

I took her to one of those over priced running shoe stores to have her feet measured and her stance evaluated and all that. Wow, they saw me coming. $250 later, we walked out with running shoes, insoles, and special compression socks. Apparently, whatever's wrong with her is fairly common and nothing to worry about. Good to know.

I told my daughter that if I'm going to spend that kind of money on shoes, she was going to be using them. And not just to walk around the mall, she was going to running in the off season, every day.

My daughter replied, "OK.... but you should run with me."

I'm not sure why my children hate me.

So, we are about to leave right now to go on our first run ever. We have our shoes, our water, our cute little running outfits....

I'll let you know how it turns out. I'm guessing we make it about three steps.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comment! Make sure you link back to either your email or your blog so I can reply!