Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Four Days

Today is day 17 as I write this. For 17 days, I have not "cheated." No coffee, no soda, no sweets. Yes, I've had a little alcohol, and a few slices of bread, but it's been in extreme moderation. I've logged every single thing I've put in my mouth, and I've never gone over my daily calorie allotment. I am a success story.

But here's the thing.

It's been 4 days since I've lost any weight.

Although I only tell YOU what I weigh once a week, I weigh myself every single day. I like to see the daily progress I've made, and I like to see if I need to adjust my eating at all.

I know that the experts warn you against this, and say you should only weigh yourself once a week. I don't care.

I don't think I can possibly eat any healthier than I am now. I mean, it's POSSIBLE to eat healthier, but I'm at my personal limit. I deserve a medal for the level of restraint I've shown so far. I had a meeting at work and they brought in pizza-- I didn't have a single slice. I went to a tea party with my daughter last week with desserts coming out of my ears-- no thank you. not even one. I am kind of amazing.

Some experts believe you shouldn't deprive yourself of these things as long as you indulge in moderation. I'll indulge when I'm not 50 pounds overweight. Maybe when I hit 20 pounds lost, I'll reward myself with a small treat. Maybe.

I also cannot eat any less than I am right now. I need to survive, I need to remain strong and healthy. Eating less than I am now would counteract that.

(anyone interested can go to myfitnesspal.com and look up my profile to see what I'm eating. My name is looklucklove. I promise you-- it's enough, but barely,)

So I've established that I can't eat any healthier, and I can't eat any less. So the day has come. I'm going to have to get more active.

More on the exercise program according to Elle.... as soon as I figure it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comment! Make sure you link back to either your email or your blog so I can reply!