Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Eat Less. Move More.

Ok, so what am I going to do in to order lose 50 pounds?

Eat less. Move more.

It's not rocket science. I've written about it before. Weight Watchers talks about it constantly. Eat less, move more.

I'm not a fan of fad diets. I'm also not a fan of spending $300 for a month's worth of supplements, promising that the fat will melt right off.

I am a fan of logging everything you eat. I am a fan of low fat, low sugar, high protein.

I have lost weight before. The first time, I lost 44 pounds through weight watchers, in only seven months. I felt great. I looked great. And then, I just stopped. I don't know why.

Well, I kinda do. The program changed. Weight Watchers changes their program every couple of years, to mix it up and get new members. People who weren't successful before might be successful with the new program.

Except it WAS working for me. Why'd they have to go and change it?

The leader told me not to let the change bother me. If I didn't like the change, then keep using the old system. But I lost my groove. I wasn't interested.

Boom. Weight back on.

The second time I lost weight, was through a combination of logging what I ate and going to spin class. I lost 30 pounds in 6 months. I felt good, I looked good.

And then, I just stopped. I don't know why.

Well, I kinda do. My girlfriend who I went to the gym with moved away, and my husband changed his work schedule to I couldn't go at the same time anymore. Suddenly, it had been 6 months since I had stepped foot into the gym. I cancelled my membership and bought a home spin bike. It sits in the living room, seldom getting used.

Boom. Weight back on.

So, now I'm trying again. Logging food really works for me, so I'm going to keep on doing that. I need to get some kind of exercise, but getting on the bike doesn't sound appealing at this point. Maybe I'll start out small. I can do 5 minutes on the bike, right? And I need to work on walking more, in an effort to hit goal on my fitbit. I think the last time I hit my step goal was in I went shopping on Black Friday.

Every little bit helps. Eat less, move more.


Today's weight: 236.6
Ultimate goal weight: 175
Cruise Weight 190.8
1-1-17 weight: 239.8




6 comments:

  1. I love this new blogging of yours and the goal! I am in a very similar place (almost your same weight) and food logging is what works for me, too! I've already lost about 30 lbs. So, on to the next 30, right? Good luck! I'm following your journey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I'd love for you to share what works for you!

      Delete
  2. I log all my food, using MyFitnessPal. It really keeps me motivated! I also use MapMyRun, which links up to my Fitbit and MyFitnessPaland it keeps track my workouts and stuff. I am also trying to lose 50lbs, realistically. Eat less and move more is a GREAT motto!!!!

    Good luck!

    http://melissathegeek.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you actually run on the map my run app? I am so NOT a runner! I'm on my fitness pal, too! You can find me using my handle looklucklove!

      Delete
  3. Great start on your journey - I have the same conundrum. I lost almost 50 lbs and have steadily put 30 of it back on! So I know, I just need to eat less and move more!

    GLad to see you back bloggin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just didn't have anything to write about for awhile! :)

      Delete

Thank you for your lovely comment! Make sure you link back to either your email or your blog so I can reply!