Friday, February 1, 2013
Am I Happy Yet?
These were the 52 mini goals I had made for myself, in an effort to be happy this year. Here's how I'm doing...
1. Buy a fabulous wallet. I haven't done this yet because I haven't gone to the Coach outlet yet and I refuse to pay retail. I'll get it done.
2. Lose 30 pounds. I've lost... some. Not 30.
3. Spend 5 minutes a day organizing the house. Umm... no. I'm not sure that I've spent 5 minutes a day even cleaning the house.
4. Hang pictures on the walls. No
5. Fix the coat closet. DONE! Here's a pic of the back of The Agent's head as he's working:
6. Take a picture every day. I don't think I've taken a picture EVERY day, but I've done pretty good at this.
7. Give up alcohol and caffeine for Lent. It's not Lent yet, but I'm working on weaning myself off.
8. Work on making The Agent happier. If last night was any indication, The Agent is VERY happy! ;)
9. Yell less. Some days are better than others.
10. Read 40 books. 4 down, 36 to go.
11. Fix the utility closet. No
12. Donate to Good Will. I have the piles of stuff I want to donate, it's just a matter of driving down there.
13. Fly a kite. No
14. Build a sand castle. No
15. Wear a bikini in public. No
16. Devise a chore system for the children. I'm working on this.
17. Get a raise. Raises come out in March. I'm hopeful.
18. Get a promotion. I really don't see this happening... but I'm hopeful!
19. Plant a vegetable garden. No
20. Sign the children up for swim lessons. No
21. Cut and color hair in April, August, and December. No
22. Get a pedicure every month from May through September. No
23. Go away overnight for our anniversary. No
24. Get a massage for Mother's Day. No
25. Have an adult party (The Agent and I both turn 40 within a month of each other). No
26. Throw a birthday party for Bug. I started planning it... it's going to be cute!
27. Throw a birthday party for BK. No
28. Clean the back door. No
29. Teach the Dumb Dog to use a leash. No
30. Walk the Dumb Dog to the park at least once a month. No
31. Ride the bike at least once a week. No
32. Walk the stairs at work (6 stories) every work day. I do this maybe 50% of the time-- better than nothing
33. Drink at least 80 ounces of water a day. SUCCESS!
34. Convince BK that big boys do not wear pull ups to bed. No
35. Convince Bug that ballet is still cool. No
36. Turn our bedroom into a sexy oasis. No
37. Turn our backyard into a place I want to be. No
38. Have fun camping. No
39. Take the children to The City. No
40. Put a fire pit in the back yard. No
41. Take BK on a date. No
42. Take Bug on a date. No
43. Take the children to the snow. No
44. Buy a new camera. No
45. Teach Bug to write and send a letter. No
46. Open a bank account for Bug. No
47. Turn the second master closet into.... something better. No
48. Have Bug invite someone over for a play date. No
49. Make an apron for Bug. No
50. Take BK to Chuck E. Cheese. No
51. Light candles more often. SUCCESS!
52. Focus on cleaning at least one room every day. I started doing this... but fizzled out. There's always next month!