Time for a new resolution!
This year, my resolution is simple: be happy.
Nah, of course that's not the end. I know, I'm so silly!
Being happy is the ultimate goal, but there's so many ways to get there. If my family is happy, if my household is happy, if my insides are happy, then I will be happy. Thus, I need a sublist.
The 52 in 52 worked well for last year, so I decided to do that again this year. There are a couple of links going around, but I'll probably be just doing my own thing.
All of these things are doable. Some are things to do with the kids or The Agent, some are projects to help our family be more organized, and some are projects just for me.
Here's my list.
1. Buy a fabulous wallet.
2. Lose 30 pounds.
3. Spend 5 minutes a day organizing the house. because my bedroom currently looks like this:
4. Hang pictures on the walls.
5. Fix the coat closet.
6. Take a picture every day.
7. Give up alcohol and caffeine for Lent.
8. Work on making The Agent happier.
9. Yell less.
10. Read 40 books.
11. Fix the utility closet.
12. Donate to Good Will.
13. Fly a kite.
14. Build a sand castle.
15. Wear a bikini in public.
16. Devise a chore system for the children.
17. Get a raise.
18. Get a promotion.
19. Plant a vegetable garden.
20. Sign the children up for swim lessons.
21. Cut and color hair in April, August, and December.
22. Get a pedicure every month from May through September.
23. Go away overnight for our anniversary.
24. Get a massage for Mother's Day.
25. Have an adult party (The Agent and I both turn 40 within a month of each other).
26. Throw a birthday party for Bug.
27. Throw a birthday party for BK.
28. Clean the back door.
29. Teach the Dumb Dog to use a leash.
30. Walk the Dumb Dog to the park at least once a month.
31. Ride the bike at least once a week.
32. Walk the stairs at work (6 stories) every work day.
33. Drink at least 80 ounces of water a day.
34. Convince BK that big boys do not wear pull ups to bed.
35. Convince Bug that ballet is still cool.
36. Turn our bedroom into a sexy oasis.
37. Turn our backyard into a place I want to be.
38. Have fun camping.
39. Take the children to The City.
40. Put a fire pit in the back yard.
41. Take BK on a date.
42. Take Bug on a date.
43. Take the children to the snow.
44. Buy a new camera.
45. Teach Bug to write and send a letter.
46. Open a bank account for Bug.
47. Turn the second master closet into.... something better.
48. Have Bug invite someone over for a play date.
49. Make an apron for Bug.
50. Take BK to Chuck E. Cheese.
51. Light candles more often.
52. Focus on cleaning at least one room every day.
I'm sure I'll be doing updates throughout the year. Wish me luck!